Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle Temperature not reaching target temp

Posted by mongski 
Nozzle Temperature not reaching target temp
February 10, 2014 09:40AM
hello!

can anyone help me with this problem? the nozzle temperature doesn't reach the target temperature. example : Nozzle target temp is 200, it only reaches 190. the temperature stabilizes approximately 10 degrees cooler.

I am also suspecting that this is the reason why it always stop at M116 instruction when I am trying to print the the calibration prints.

Thanks!
Re: Nozzle Temperature not reaching target temp
February 10, 2014 10:31AM
Make sure you have the latest firmware - there was an error with the temperature readings of early firmware as supplied with the board, so you must update (follow the links on the commissioning pages to see how to update your firmware). If you have the latest firmware, ensure that the heater is fully in the aluminium hotend block, and that the thermistor is properly inserted with all of its body inside the block. If none of those are the problem, measure the voltage across the heater when it is heating - it should be above 11V. If it is not, check all the connections are making good contact (including the wire between the power PCB and the Duet).

Post again if none of the above helped solve the issue for you.

Dave
(#106)
February 10, 2014 11:25AM
I agree with dmould's suggestions. You could also try my latest firmware, see [forums.reprap.org]. However, even with the old firmware, it should still get closer than 10C. I suspect a bad connection in the wiring somewhere between the Duet and the cartridge heater, most likely in the 6-pin connector.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 13, 2014 09:22PM
Thanks everyone! it seems that the problem was the placement of the thermistor.

Thanks for all the help! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login