Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I fail to print this !

Posted by tru168 
I fail to print this !
February 11, 2014 11:18AM
Hi ,

After setup my bed level again, I try to print this with support, [www.thingiverse.com] but I tried 6 times with different setting in Slic3r and all fail. its too thin to print well, my result came out just broken into several sections. Anyone know how to set slic3r for this to print successfully ?
Re: I fail to print this !
February 11, 2014 11:54AM
Hi Ew,

the author suggested using a raft and support in his instructions [www.slideshare.net] then cutting the support rather than snapping it off (I guess that the part itself would snap pretty easily) - note one of the last slides suggests using a carbon fibre rod...

Ray
February 11, 2014 08:32PM
Hi Ray,

Yes, carbon rod will be more rigid compare to any 3D filaments. a little difficult to print this, especially the tail, it turned out very thin and will break easily.I might need to re-design it, and get some carbon rod. hope I can print 20 sets for local school projects.
February 12, 2014 04:07AM
ABS might be less brittle
Greg

Ormerod #17
February 16, 2014 03:42AM
Stumbled across this remix of the flying pants you were trying to print, i'm going to have a go today.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:249896

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
February 16, 2014 08:57PM
Yeah Matt, I downloaded and printed and turn out just fine. ( need to turn X axis 90 degree in stl file . ) I'll print more for local school project ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login