Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ordering parts

Posted by 5dala 
Ordering parts
February 15, 2014 05:56PM
Ok, i got my ormerod working fine now, and thats obvuiosly a good thingtongue sticking out smiley, but now im at the point where i want to do, some say "mods" But in fact i am aiming for the whole machine
I've seen this being discussed in different threads, evenso ill try a new one.
Thing is, when developing the next machine i will need my original ormerod intact (to make parts for the next one)

Though there are a few things on my wishlist, since the mechanichal parts kit isnot yet available from RC
I need to get my hands on a duetboard along with 4x nema 17 motors

Ideas are welcome!

/5D
Re: Ordering parts
February 16, 2014 02:39AM
5dala
Though there are a few things on my wishlist, since the mechanichal parts kit isnot yet available from RC
I need to get my hands on a duetboard along with 4x nema 17 motors

Ideas are welcome!

/5D

It's all available here, hardware, electronics

[www.think3dprint3d.com]

I plan to order a new duet there (got one of the very early sought after special limited edition faulty ones)

Do you plan to run nema 17 motors on the duet directly? - ifaik ormerod use nema 14

Erik
February 16, 2014 04:56AM
I believe you can order the Duet board from RepRappro. For the steppers, the part # on the side of mine is jk42hs34-1334a and I found the specification of those here [www.aliexpress.com], so you could look for the same or similar spec motors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 04:58AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 16, 2014 06:33AM
Looks like that Duet expansion board uses all of the ribbon connectors at the top of the Duet.
The single sensor wire currently there will have to be relocated - I assume to the expansion board.
Picture shows it stacked vertically above the Duet; doubling the height of the current Duet enclusire will give the Ormerod quite a different look.
Greg

Ormerod #17
February 16, 2014 06:53AM
Hi Looking at the duet board shown in www.think3dprint3d.com it appears to have terminal blocks in place of the plug in connections used on the duet supplied to us I ma wondering if that's correct or not.

regards

Mike
February 16, 2014 08:43AM
Hi Mike - yes it is - they've also added terminal blocks for heater outputs and 5V input (I think). I bought one of these a while ago as insurance while I returned my original duet, and to save hacking up the wiring looms from reprappro, I used pin-headers to interface - pictures and description here [forums.reprap.org] . If you were making an ormerod without the premade looms, the terminal blocks would be a bonus I think.

Ray
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login