Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banned

Posted by johneato 
Banned
February 24, 2014 05:18AM
For the last 48hours I have been banned from this Forum. No explanation just banned. Are there any administrators on this forum, because I couldn't find anybody to contact. Then suddenly this morning the ban is lifted and I can again post. Have I been singled out for this treatment or has it happened to others.
John
Re: Banned
February 24, 2014 05:46AM
Could somebody have hit the "report" by mistake? - I don't know how these things work, but could be that any posting from the one "reported" is auto-banned until moderator get the time to take a look at the comment in the "report" mail

BTW, Welcome back!

Edit: more info found here:
Administration, Announcements, Policy
[forums.reprap.org]

Erik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 05:50AM by ormerod168.
February 24, 2014 05:49AM
Yes, Welcome back! smileys with beer

Ormerod #007 (shaken but not stirred!)
February 24, 2014 06:53AM
johneato
Are there any administrators on this forum, because I couldn't find anybody to contact.

Hi John - there's a list of admins'moderators at the bottom of this posting: [forums.reprap.org]

Hopefully it's an accident (Eirk's hypothesis sounds likely to me),

wb

Ray
February 24, 2014 07:13AM
Thanks all, its good to be back
February 24, 2014 12:58PM
Yes, hitting a button by mistake is quite common, I've done it myself. I guess there should be an "cancel report" button as well!

Dave
(#106)
February 24, 2014 07:12PM
That's what you get for missing Milk monitor duty..... lol
Me thinks someone must have pressed the wrong button or something..

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
February 24, 2014 11:39PM
Not sure what happened. The "Report" button just sends a notification to us administrators though, it won't automatically ban anyone.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
February 25, 2014 12:37AM
no one was singled out or anything like that, I removed a few banned words which may have been the cause of the problem, i also reset the active state of both of the so far effected users for good measure and both users seem to be able to post again, i suspect a bug somwhere

if anyone else has been affected by this email me : thejollygrimreaper@gmail.com

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login