Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Website maintenance

Posted by droftarts 
Website maintenance
February 25, 2014 12:44PM
The reprappro.com website will be down most of this evening, as we are updating it and changing web host to a (hopefully) more reliable one. There is a delay as the global DNS servers are updated. Please bear with us!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Re: Website maintenance
February 25, 2014 04:38PM
removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 04:50PM by creaky.
mjh
February 26, 2014 05:37AM
Please note that this also breaks the web-interface of the Ormerod.

Reason: The webinterface is built in such a way that the javascript-libraries jquery.js and knockout.js are loaded from reprappro.com. If you look at reprap.htm in the www-folder, you see that at some point the libraries were supposed to be served by the Ormerod, but those sections have been commented out and replaced by absolute links to reprappro.com.

The www-folder actually contains the libraries you need, but if you change the reprap.hml file so that the browser downloads the libraries from the Ormerod itself, the web-interface completely chokes. My guess is that the tiny built-in webserve can't handle multiple GETs well.

This was pretty frustrating during comissioning. I propose that you add a note about this in the assembly instructions, because it's not obvious at all that you need an internet connection for the web-interface.
February 26, 2014 09:14AM
This wouldn't have affected my new interface [forums.reprap.org]

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
February 26, 2014 11:24AM
Hi, the web interface should be fixed now. The website is mostly up and running, and will be finessed over the next couple of days. There are a couple of pages (firmware update instructions), but I can get on and update the instructions, which we've been holding off, as the update was imminent.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
February 28, 2014 09:02AM
The new assembly instruction is very difficult to read on my ipad.
The table of content in the left frame take too much space, the picture thrumpnails is too small
Need to access the full picture to see the detail. After exit the full picture viewer the page iwas scrall to othe place need to
Scrall back to where it was previously it's annouyng.

The previous site is way better
February 28, 2014 11:19AM
To RRP:

The current Ormerod web site is a complete mess. It has the shape of the Internet in 1996. Shame on you.

Please keep in mind, the instructions are part of the product you sold. You let your customers down by constant unavailability.

I think, there is no reason to update the site all day long, once a day should do. It would be advisable to separate instructions and shop if you need to update that often.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login