Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inverse reaction of the x-axis sensor

Posted by DrNooo 
Inverse reaction of the x-axis sensor
February 28, 2014 01:25AM
Hi all,
I hope I have not overseen an answer to this question on the forum:

During the first testings I have trouble with the homing of my Ormerod on both axis:
Z axis: The sensor is always giving a 0 as a result.
X axis: the LED has an inverse behavior: The LED is on, when touched and off, when not touched.
Also strange was, that the xAxis motor works inverse (although I did the cables exactly like described in the docu.)

Any ideas?

Thanks for your support,
Oliver
Re: Inverse reaction of the x-axis sensor
February 28, 2014 01:58AM
I assume you've freshly built your Ormerod, and you're running into the exact problems I had when first powering up.
The X axis motors have the wiring different from the others; on the duet you need to turn the connector 180 degrees.
As for the homing sensor: loosen the top screw a turn, then gently push the connector of it in place, and tighten the screw again. Also check that with closing the duet's enclosure you didn't accidently pull its wires off of the connector (or leave it open during the first tests)
Good luck, and hopefully lots of fun with your Ormerod!
February 28, 2014 02:50AM
Also check that you have the sensor connector on the right way round, and the sensor wires connected to the correct pins on the Duet, and that the M558 P1 command is present in config.g and being executed.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 28, 2014 04:02PM
Thanks for the feedback. Having a closer look to the z sensor, I found out that the sensor was not fully soldered to the board. This caused the strange behavior.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login