Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help: Axis Compensation problem

Posted by antlvk 
Help: Axis Compensation problem
March 06, 2014 10:58AM
I've followed Bed Plane Compensation guide from the reprappro documentation everything folloed and seems right once try print circle.g i print on the air instead on the bed.... hmmm
Re: Help: Axis Compensation problem
March 06, 2014 11:03AM
mine did that too, it seemd to ok when I actually went to print though confused smiley
Does the Z axis move when the nozzle follows the circular motion?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 11:09AM by 88Zombies.
March 06, 2014 11:16AM
Hi,

The circle.g file is there so you can see the compensation on the z axis as it draws a circle, it doesn't actually print anything. IIRC it runs about 5 mm above the bed.

Hth

Mike
March 06, 2014 11:18AM
I think circle runs at whatever Z is currently set to. It doesn't include any Z setting. So you can put Z near 0 and watch the circle skim th ebed.
March 06, 2014 11:38AM
OK. Thanks for the info. But when I really print after many times try the manual bed compensation and printing still levitate about 2mm
March 06, 2014 11:51AM
OK change back firmware from dc's version t to reprappro's a, everything works find
March 06, 2014 12:36PM
antlvk
OK change back firmware from dc's version t to reprappro's a, everything works find

I'm not aware of any problems with my firmware, but if you think you've found one then I want to track it down. Please can you say:

1. Which version of my firmware did you use? [EDIT: ok you've said you are using 057t]
2. What was the sequence you went through?
3. Are you using automatic or manual bed plane compensation? If auto, did you home the Z axis before running G32, or after running G32, or both?

Thanks - dc42

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 06:26PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 07, 2014 03:24AM
Will try again you firmware. Thanks for your effort winking smiley. BTW if using 057t without your mod still works right?
March 07, 2014 03:59AM
Yes my firmware works without any modifications to the Ormerod hardware. But it also supports some modifications, e.g. modulated IR Z probe and ultrasonic Z probe.

If you want to print or upload files at full speed over the USB interface, you also need to apply a patch to Pronterface described here [forums.reprap.org].

If you have problems using my firmware, please can you post the sequence of commands and gcodes you sent (in particular, any commands concerned with homing or bed compensation), what you expect to happen, and what actually happens. I will then try to reproduce the problem.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 07, 2014 04:27AM
Fix it already donno how to get back to the error now.. lol... probably some gcodes i'm trying. I use back default slicer profile now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login