Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to permanently 0 the Z axis?

Posted by antlvk 
How to permanently 0 the Z axis?
March 08, 2014 04:32AM
How to permanently 0 the Z axis? or I missing something?
Re: How to permanently 0 the Z axis?
March 08, 2014 06:42AM
You could do that by writing G92 Z0 in you config.g, then it would be permanent in software, but that would only make sense if the position of the hardware was permanent

Erik
March 08, 2014 06:59AM
You could use a microswitch to set a permanent home for Z (the same way as Y) , but you'd still need to adjust for relative position of the bed to the switch if and when the bed tilts or otherwise changes position relative to the axes (like when you remove the glass and clamp it back on) - which is pretty much what the IR Z-probe is trying to do, be a homing device that adapts to the bed surface, and it does work pretty well in the right ambient light but is also hampered by electronic noise - it looks like dc42's alternative hardware Z-probe and (firmware) will better achieve that goal,

Ray
March 08, 2014 07:07AM
I found out to set G31 Z2.59 P656 to zero my heights now but when i put this in config.g or setbed.g it will crash my print head to the X axis. funny
March 08, 2014 07:11AM
NVM found the problem
March 08, 2014 07:20AM
Oh, I see what you mean by permanently zeroing, sorry I misunderstood you. Have you edited the homez.g file to tell the machine where to do the Z probing? from the documentation website:
There is one called homez.g.  As supplied it looks like this (with comments for explanation):

M120 ; Push - save the current feedrate and relative/absolute move status
G91 ; set movements relative
G1 Z5 F200 ; move upwards 5mm at 200 mm/min to make sure we don't hit anything
G90 ; set movements absolute
G1 X55 Y0 ; Move to the X, Y point at which to probe the bed over the foil
G30 ; Move down until the probe is triggered (i.e. move down until the IR voltage is 656, which automatically sets Z = 1.8mm).
G1 Z0 F200 ; Move down to Z=0 (i.e. move down the last 1.8mm)
M121 ; Pop - restore the feedrate and relative/absolute move status

If your foil is in a different place, change the G1 X55 Y0 line to the appropriate X and Y coordinates.

I haven't used the probe for a long time, so I'm not familiar with changes in homing with different firmware revisions, but saying what version you're using may help you get some better answers

Ray
March 08, 2014 07:21AM
antivk
NVM found the problem

what was the answer? it might help someone else who gets the same problem...

Ray
March 08, 2014 08:47AM
crashing because why white paper on the X axis flew off. lol. now X calibrate normally
March 08, 2014 08:52AM
Try a white sticky label or a piece of white PVC insulating tape.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login