Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it me or Slic3r are slow

Posted by antlvk 
Is it me or Slic3r are slow
March 11, 2014 10:51AM
I'm slicing 3 parts from the ormerod parts folder and it tool ages to slice and i'm using 8 core thread to slice. not much difference with 2 thread. Cura wont work for me. any other recommendation?
Re: Is it me or Slic3r are slow
March 11, 2014 11:01AM
do you slice with "avoid crossing perimeters"? - that slows things down for sure..

Erik
March 11, 2014 11:03AM
maybe you could try to uncheck
"avoid crossing perimeters" in slic3r?
This made all the difference in my case
also check
https://github.com/alexrj/Slic3r/issues/1555
March 11, 2014 08:57PM
That's so much better, thanks
March 12, 2014 09:05PM
Something horrible has happened to the speed of Slic3r in V1.0 when "Avoid Crossing Perimeters" is turned on. It was not this way in older versions:

With Avoid Crossing Perimeters turned on:
Slic3r (x64) 1.0.0RC3 took 104.8 seconds to slice a fairly small part
Slic3r (x32) 0.9.10b took 12.9 seconds to slice the same part with exactly the same settings.

With Avoid Crossing Perimeters turned off, the results favored version 1.0:
Slic3r (x64) 1.0.0RC3 took 5.2 seconds to slice the same part
Slic3r (x32) 0.9.10b took 7.8 seconds to slice the same part with exactly the same settings.

Why is this??? I really want to avoid crossing perimeters, but I also really like other features of the latest version.
March 13, 2014 07:46AM
> I really want to avoid crossing perimeters
I found that if I UNCHECK "External Perimeters first" I get a nice print quality even without "avoid crossing perimeters"
ymmv
March 13, 2014 10:03AM
auser
> I really want to avoid crossing perimeters
I found that if I UNCHECK "External Perimeters first" I get a nice print quality even without "avoid crossing perimeters"
ymmv

Doing the inner perimeters first is always best IMO, so I keep that parameter unchecked. Apart from anything else, if you have any slight overhangs it gives the outer perimeter something to hang onto instead of being printed completely in the air. I see that it is how Cura always prints.

Dave
(#106)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login