Re: Ormerod Web Control v0.67
May 09, 2014 06:53AM
dc42
That would be helpful. Are you using version 0.74?

I am not - I thought that I had the latest and greatest - I'm apparently wrong about that as I see it says:
FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.65b ELECTRONICS: Duet DATE:2014-05-07

I have a couple of other questions, but once I've updated the firmware to .74 I'll see if they are still valid.
Would you mind pointing me to 0.74 seeing as I downloaded and updated yesterday and ended up with 0.65b?

[EDIT]
OK, I'm apparently being a bit of a noob.

OK, I've updated to 059-dc42 firmware using the bin file from [forums.reprap.org]
Now reports as:
FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.59-dc42 ELECTRONICS: Duet DATE:2014-05-08
Confusing stuff! smiling smiley

I believe that I have an updated Web server from [github.com] - v0.74.
I'll let you know if it happens again. Thanks for the help

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2014 07:32AM by VortyZA.
May 09, 2014 08:11AM
VortyZA
I am not - I thought that I had the latest and greatest - I'm apparently wrong about that as I see it says:
FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.65b ELECTRONICS: Duet DATE:2014-05-07

I have a couple of other questions, but once I've updated the firmware to .74 I'll see if they are still valid.
Would you mind pointing me to 0.74 seeing as I downloaded and updated yesterday and ended up with 0.65b?

[EDIT]
OK, I'm apparently being a bit of a noob.

OK, I've updated to 059-dc42 firmware using the bin file from [forums.reprap.org]
Now reports as:
FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.59-dc42 ELECTRONICS: Duet DATE:2014-05-08
Confusing stuff! smiling smiley

VortyZA,

Sadly the official RRP firmware and my fork have diverged, since RRP stopped taking my changes several weeks ago. Since then, in their version they have been concentrating on adding multi-head support. I have done a small amount of work to help support multiple heads in my fork, but as I don't have a multi-head machine, I have been concentrating instead on improving usability, fixing issues reported by the community, supporting different types of height sensor, and improving diagnostics.

So yes it is confusing! Hopefully there will be some convergence in future. For now, if you want to use multiple heads then you obviously need RRP's firmware. Otherwise, I think you will find my more usable, especially if you use the web interface as your primary means of controlling the Ormerod.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 10, 2014 04:17AM
Hey dc42

I am actually VERY happy with the printer now using the Web Control and your firmware.
I've uploaded several things with no more problems and it's one hang of a sight easier to get .g codes to the printer. I had to either be extremely patient and upload using Pronterface (and I mean patient!) or shutdown the printer, move the SD to PC, copy, move back - recalibrate the printer.
What a mission! Now it's so simple and the web page gives me everything I need.

The quality and speed of the printer seems to also be better? A lot less drops & drips on the output.

Thank you so much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2014 04:18AM by VortyZA.
May 10, 2014 05:39AM
VortyZA, thanks for your kind words. I'm hoping to increase the speed of uploading files via the web interface, which currently stands at 1.3Mb/min from my PC. Analysis of the network traffic indicates that the firmware is accepting the data as fast as the web interface sends it, so hopefully some tweeks to the web interface software will speed it up.

Regarding the print quality, I made a change to make the stepper motor movement smoother, and this may account in part for your observations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2014 05:39AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login