Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wire loom

Posted by Ecko 
Wire loom
March 20, 2014 04:04AM
So I am half way through my self build... But I need to connect everything. Does any one have the specs on the wiring loom? I have already contacted rep rap but I thought I would ask as well. Interested in knowing what guage the wire is and how long the looms are.
Thank you
Re: Wire loom
March 20, 2014 04:12AM
Build so far - just waiting on more prints
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (148.3 KB)
March 20, 2014 04:31AM
The wire in the kit has an external diameter of about 1.14mm. Looking at what wire Farnell has in this size, I suspect it is 7/0.2, although it could be 19/0.13 which would be more flexible and so probably better. I don't have a cut end right now so I can't count the strands.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 20, 2014 05:12AM
Out of curiosity !

The motor in the lower right corner (attached picture) does not look like the standard X-motor, are you making some bigger mods here ?
March 20, 2014 08:18PM
Hi slinbin, the motors are supplied by rep rap - I did buy some nema 17s from eBay but later found out there are loads of nema 17s available (opted to buy more from rep rap). I have sourced most of the other parts myself apart from the extruder, heatbed and duet. And the screws because it couldn't be bothered to order all of them.

Can't wait for this to be up and running.

The spare 5 nema 17s from eBay mean I can have fun making a modified ormerod after I create this one. I have cut 2x of all the laser cut parts - just need the Ali and prints.
March 20, 2014 08:20PM
Thank you dc42. How long is the loom in mm (I am unsure what length to cut the wire to). I have already sourced a braided sleeve on eBay and the connectors will be easy to find.
March 21, 2014 03:02AM
How long - you can find at least some of the length documented in the assembly documentation here:

[reprappro.com]

Erik
March 21, 2014 04:06AM
Thank you ormerod 168. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I need the atx power supply.
March 21, 2014 04:22AM
If you don't mind doing some wiring, then I recommend you get a 12V 300W adjustable PSU instead of the ATX. See [github.com].

If you do decide to buy the ATX then you will also need the ATX power board that RRP supplies, or something similar. I can recommend the Corsair CX430M PSU. It costs more than cheap ATX PSUs, but its 12V supply stays up much better under the heavy load of an Ormerod with its bed heater on, and being modular it doesn't have all the excess cables.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

March 23, 2014 02:58PM
Thank you dc 42 - just bought the 300w power supply.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login