Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP: All LED near solid cap are turned onsad smiley

Posted by antlvk 
HELP: All LED near solid cap are turned onsad smiley
March 28, 2014 11:08AM
Is it something dead? cause can't detect anymore my duet board... nothing working

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2014 11:34AM by antlvk.
Re: HELP: All LED near solid cap are turned onsad smiley
March 28, 2014 12:23PM
you mean the leds are on but the cant connect with the USB?
If so mine does that some times.
I take the SDcard out and put it back in. plug the wires back in and seems to connect... can be a bit tempremental in connecting.
I think my issue is a slightly dodgy USB wire.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2014 12:49PM by 88Zombies.
March 28, 2014 12:43PM
Does that already. Still the same....

and if i turn on ATX psu all the heating element turn on..... all motor are on... but LAN not working, USB not working.....
March 28, 2014 12:45PM
Please be sure you remove the power and USB plug BEFORE removing the SD card, else you might fry it.
Similar to removing it safely from a PC. Memory devices don't like being unplugged when there is power on them.
Kim

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
March 28, 2014 01:00PM
It sounds like you have shorted 12V to the 5V or 3.3V circuit of the board, most likely via the proximity sensor - because all the lights that are on are the endstop lights. When did it happen? Did the proximity sensor hit a bed clip? How is your bed put together? Is the aluminium heat spreader touching one of the terminals for the heated bed? There is a warning about this in the instructions.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
March 28, 2014 09:06PM
Yes proximity sensor hit the clip then everything when dead. So is there any fix or I need another board?
March 28, 2014 09:30PM
WHere can I buy a new board if can't fix it?
March 29, 2014 11:35PM
Ian. where I can buy a new board
March 30, 2014 10:58PM
Is there anyway I could use RAMPS 1.4 or Melzi for Ormerod?
March 31, 2014 02:14AM
antlvk
... where I can buy a new board
at reprappro there is a contact form https://reprappro.com/support-page/ select "Sales Enquiry"
or @ [www.think3dprint3d.com] but please be aware that they use different connectors!

regarding RAMPS / Melzi:
I'm no expert but I would think that it should work if you mount endstops on all axes (X, Z).
March 31, 2014 04:25AM
Hello Antlvk

My Duet died i the same way. I my case RRP replaced my duet. smiling smiley

You can buye new bord at [www.think3dprint3d.com], But the board has another kind of terminals.

jan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2014 04:38AM by XB70.

XB70
March 31, 2014 09:23AM
@antlvk: A RAMPS board should work okay, but will take a bit of setting up, and you'll have to change the bed ribbon cable for wires, to fit into the RAMPS board. But be aware that a RAMPS board will cost you nearly as much as a Duet, as you need to buy the Arduino Mega 2560, the RAMPS board and 4 x stepper driver boards. You still won't have ethernet, and Marlin doesn't have the axis compensation that RepRapFirmware does, though I think it has bed compensation now. You would also have to add support for the proximity sensor to the firmware, or replace it with more conventional microswitch endstops.

@XB70: We replaced a number of boards early on, because the cause wasn't clear, and then because the danger of shorting out to the bed wasn't in the instructions initially. It's been in the instructions for a while now.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
March 31, 2014 09:26PM
I recon reprappro to put a standard parts to insulate or cover that sensor. cause my sensor hit the clip when i print larger size printing. if there is cover it wouldn't cause problem.

btw. anything i need to check when my new board arrive? does this sensor still work? i scared when plug in the sensor are still not going well and burn the board again
April 01, 2014 01:49AM
antlvk
...does this sensor still work? i scared when plug in the sensor are still not going well and burn the board again

..surely there most be spare original probes from a dc42 mod change, anyone living near by you? - if not, will gladly send you mine for free when I receive the dc42 one

Erik
April 01, 2014 04:28AM
I'm live in North Borneo if you know where is it
April 01, 2014 04:54AM
antlvk

No problem, it's only a stamp away smiling smiley

Erik
April 01, 2014 09:36AM
I think the sensor should be okay - people who have done this usually report that the sensor is okay, as the 12V shorts straight down the 3.3V wire. You can test it; connect 3.3V to the black and red wires that go to it, and measure the voltage on blue wire. It should vary from 3.3V when very close to a white piece of paper, and near 0V when far from any target.

And please, check that the aluminium heat spreader does not have 12V when the bed is on!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
April 01, 2014 11:01PM
ormerod168
antlvk

No problem, it's only a stamp away smiling smiley

Erik

winking smiley
April 02, 2014 09:27AM
When I shorted 12V to 3.3V it did affect the IR sensor. It didn't kill it completely, but the overcurrent through the LED reduced its output considerably. I just replaced the component.

Dave
(#106)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login