Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware: long filename support and fix to M201

Posted by dc42 
New firmware: long filename support and fix to M201
March 28, 2014 06:38PM
I've just released firmware 057y-dc42 to fix a couple of issues that were annoying me. The first is to support long filenames. This version displays long filenames already on the SD card correctly; however it needs a patch to Matt's web interface if you want to to upload new files preserving the long filenames (otherwise filenames get truncated to 8.3 format during upload). The patch is to change line 477 in reprap.js to "gFilename = fName;" without the quotes - and of course you need to be running a local web server in order to use the patched version.

The second patch is to fix the behaviour of the M201 command, which sets the axis accelerations. Previously, if you set X and Y accelerations but not Z, it would set the Z acceleration to a stupidly low value. Now, for any axes you don't specify in the command, it leaves the accelerations alone.

Download from [github.com] by pressing the Raw button.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New firmware: long filename support and fix to M201
March 30, 2014 12:35PM
dc42
I've just released firmware 057y-dc42 to fix a couple of issues that were annoying me. The first is to support long filenames....

Yes it was very annoying for me too, was hoping you could fix that one, thank you very much for this one and all the other releases!

Erik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login