Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

first print not gonna happen

Posted by Derrick_SA 
Re: first print not gonna happen
June 19, 2014 08:55AM
Ok, that seemed to have sorted now. great. no I will re-calibrate and try and print again.
June 19, 2014 09:16AM
droftarts
I don't think you have imported our Slic3r profiles. See: [reprappro.com]
Also, the current 0.65e firmware can be set to absolute or relative extrusion.

Ian, has that actually been tested? I think your 0.65e firmware is lacking a bug fix, to do with the handling of G92 for the extruder drive(s). I had to reinstate my fix when I merged your 0.65e into my 0.59.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 19, 2014 10:20AM
All is pretty normal, except ONE MAJOR PROBLEM. the x works fine, the Z works fine, the Y axis is now going the wrong direction? this is the 065 firmware and new web interface.

G1 X60 Y20 takes me to the right hand corner above the back aluminium extrude. so X is correct. but why goes the wrong side?

any clues?

thanks,
derrick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2014 10:32AM by Derrick_SA.
June 19, 2014 10:41AM
FIrst off, are you sure it is the wrong side? I don't really follow what you are describing, but Y20 should be with the print bed furthest away from the Y stepper motor.

If it is moving the wrong direction, check that you have the connector at the Duet side turned the right way as described here. Reversing the connector will reverse the direction of the stepper motor.
June 19, 2014 10:44AM
Hi jstck, it used to be fine since I change the firmware this is happening.

thanks,
Derrick
June 19, 2014 10:47AM
Hi jstck, it used to be fine since I change the firmware this is happening. I even printed yesterday the whole alignment set parts. today after the updates as suggested above. this is the new thing. everything moves in the right directions except the Y axis

thanks,
Derrick
June 19, 2014 10:52AM
What happens if you put the bed in the middle of the Y axis, then try to home the Y axis?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 19, 2014 11:26AM
and we are printing ....
June 19, 2014 02:24PM
Awesome!
June 19, 2014 03:27PM
sorta ok, i guess. some tweeking could maybe get it better, this is standard settings, acceptable though I think?

thanks,
Derrick
Attachments:
open | download - print.JPG (90.8 KB)
June 19, 2014 04:50PM
I actually still have the same grinding problem with the x-axis. Added a limit switch (the original kit didn't have one) which mostly fixed it, but if the x axis is already at 0 then it just makes a horrible grinding noise when you home it. If I moved X in a positive direction, then homed X it would mostly work.
The grinding does stop after it believes it's moved 200 after which it believes that x is at 0.
I tend to manually move the head and bed so that they are both at 0 while the Ormerod is off, then turn the Ormerod on. I send a G92 X0 Y0 to set the home for those axis. I manually adjust the z axis, then send a G92 Z0.
I also make sure that I never run a G28 again - remove it from all gcode files etc.
I probably could have tried to solve the original issue, but was comfortable with the manual solution. Only need to do it once per power cycle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2014 04:51PM by VortyZA.
June 19, 2014 06:18PM
VortyZA
I actually still have the same grinding problem with the x-axis. Added a limit switch (the original kit didn't have one) which mostly fixed it, but if the x axis is already at 0 then it just makes a horrible grinding noise when you home it. If I moved X in a positive direction, then homed X it would mostly work
I probably could have tried to solve the original issue, but was comfortable with the manual solution.

Did you put white tape on the x-homing tab?

June 20, 2014 04:03AM
the white paper on the tab works great. but gonna "upgrade" to DC42's kit
June 20, 2014 05:35PM
Don't mean to sound daft or noobish - been printing for a while now, but.. Explain white tape and the x-homing tab? smiling smiley
June 20, 2014 05:59PM
VortyZA
Don't mean to sound daft or noobish - been printing for a while now, but.. Explain white tape and the x-homing tab? smiling smiley

The x-homing tab is the little piece of plastic sticking out from the x-motor mount close to the threaded rod. It serves as the target for the IR sensor when homing the X axis. Depending on what P value you configure in your G31 command, the plastic may not reflect enough IR to trigger the IR probe, and then x-homing fails. Putting something reflective on top of the tab solves the problem. The current RepRapPro commissioning instructions suggest using a piece of silver foil.

June 21, 2014 07:59AM
dc42
VortyZA

The x-homing tab is the little piece of plastic sticking out from the x-motor mount close to the threaded rod. It serves as the target for the IR sensor when homing the X axis. Depending on what P value you configure in your G31 command, the plastic may not reflect enough IR to trigger the IR probe, and then x-homing fails. Putting something reflective on top of the tab solves the problem. The current RepRapPro commissioning instructions suggest using a piece of silver foil.

I'm with you :blush: I actually didn't realise that the IR sensor was used there too - I had a few problems with x-axis homing, so I put in the limit switch and it seemed to get better - perhaps the shininess of the limit switch increased the IR return!
Wow - Can't believe that after essentially 6 months with the machine I'm still learning new stuff! tongue sticking out smiley
June 22, 2014 05:56PM
Hi, This is exactly what I neededthumbs up. I could not get my web interface to work so I decided to leave it out for another time and use pronterface instead. I sat for hours trying to figure out why I was getting horrible prints. Now I know why, I didn't have the correct pre-sets.

Thanks

Mohamed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login