Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Made new Extruder Block and i need help there because of an Problem

Posted by Blitza 
Made new Extruder Block and i need help there because of an Problem
April 03, 2014 02:54PM
Hi all

Well i printed an new Extruder Block out and i made all like before but sometimes the Motor hangs and makes noises like slipping, now i found out the Filament really goes an bit stronger trought the block like the original!
Can i make the Extruder Motor an bit stronger with Settings till the Filament worked out an bit the Block ?

Would be happy about Help ^^

Greetings Mario
Re: Made new Extruder Block and i need help there because of an Problem
April 03, 2014 03:04PM
In config.g there is an M906 command to set the motor currents. The E value is for the extruder. The default is 800mA but you can increase it to 1000mA. If you go any higher than that, take care that neither the motor nor the stepper driver chip on the Duet board overheats.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 03, 2014 03:05PM
Hi dc42

I have your firmeware updated too so i am save when i make it to 1000 mA ???
April 03, 2014 04:02PM
The Duet's stepper motor drivers are rated at 1000mA max without additional cooling. I've been operating three of my Ormerod's four stepper motors at 1000mA for a couple weeks and I haven't noticed any bad side effects yet, so this should work for you as well.
April 03, 2014 05:36PM
Hi Blitza

I can confirm that you can run the extruder at 1000mA without any problems as I have done so (and ditto the y-axis step motor) for quite a while now, as extruder block goes I highly recommend Mr.Burns version (Thank You Mr.burns) that is modified for an insert of ptfe-tube, same as supplied with the ormerod, you should have about 200mm left if not used as guide for the filament

[forums.reprap.org]

Erik
April 04, 2014 01:53AM
Yes, that modification to allow PTFE guide through the inlet works really well and avoids any wear problems that have been reported on the filament rubbing on the PLA in the sharp turn.

Instead of using the supplied PTFE tube for this, I used some PTFE tube I got from ebay that has same OD 3mm but thinner 0.3mm walls so is more flexible and a bigger bore. This allows the filament to go through more smoothly than the original. The original has thick walls and is delliberately stiff for its intended purpose of maintaining the extruder pressure to the hot end. The thin wall version is also good for making any other filament guides around the system.
April 04, 2014 08:13AM
Hi bobtidey,
Could you post the ebay item details of the thin wall PTFE tube please
Thank you

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
April 04, 2014 10:02AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login