Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Micro sd card extension cable

Posted by Chaisaeng 
Micro sd card extension cable
April 06, 2014 12:58PM
I came across this listing in ebay [www.ebay.com]
This is original designated to use in a car for easy swap micro sd card.
I thought of getting one for my ormerod inorder to easily swap out the micro sd cards iinsted to poping it in and out the duet
Do you think it will work or not ?
Re: Micro sd card extension cable
April 06, 2014 01:12PM
It will do.
Or... you could adapt one of these SDCard Tool spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 06, 2014 03:24PM
I Like that.... But am thinking of taping a bit of lolly stick to the end of my card.....
Trouble is you have to consume the part that's not needed, and that requires Sunshine.....
drinking smiley

hihiihi

kim..

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
April 06, 2014 04:48PM
Got a micro SD to normal size SD extention of ebay about £13.00 uk seller ebay
Attachments:
open | download - 20140406_212421.jpg (146.2 KB)
April 06, 2014 07:17PM
I really do like your bed frame there....
Where did you get the profiles?
One Big problem I have is I move the printer around allot.... Like 1000-1200miles a month, so the Z axis gets used as a handle for getting it in and out of it's carry case.
I intend to print a stiffener for the Z-axis soon to help resolve the problem.
If I had a bed like yours I think I would be thinking of having two Z-axis supports, and two Z-axis lead screws linked by a belt.

Kim..

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
April 07, 2014 04:21AM
The bed frame and brackets are from KJN Aluminium Profiles and the X runners are igus DryLin® W individual rail - 10mm round and bearing blocks you can get them from RS 4885120, 7026725 & 4885209.
Had good results over the last 3 weeks bed is solid still evaluating if suitable for Z & Y.
Chris
Attachments:
open | download - 2014-03-22 13.39.43(1)~2.jpg (398.8 KB)
open | download - 2014-04-03 22.15.39(1)~2.jpg (439.8 KB)
April 07, 2014 05:12AM
@Chris Great mod! I see you have moved the extruder motor out of the X rib and attached it to the Z profile.
I was thinking to do a similar mod but I haven't figured yet how and where to attach it to the profile. What's your solution?

Andrea.
April 07, 2014 05:14AM
Chris1965
Got a micro SD to normal size SD extention of ebay about £13.00 uk seller ebay

WOW!!! Really nice mod, shoud print really good quality part !
April 07, 2014 06:36AM
The extruder is in temporary position using some spare igus W rail and T nut this is to allow manual insertion of filament for multi colour prints X rib too flimsy and spoils the print when filament is inserted in original position i need to extend the ptfe tube but I will do this when I modify X and make a solid bridge over the bed for the extruder to mount on. Had no problems printing in this temporary position if not better.
Andrea you could use some steel bar 4-5mm thick 25mm high 150mm long the hook of the extruder will go over this.
April 29, 2014 05:19AM
Sorry to drag this up but after having problems with the MicroSD reader on my Ormerod, I have decided to get something like the extension cable shown.

However, I am struggling to find them at a sensible price. I have found some on aliexpress but it would mean buying several to get a sensible price. So would anyone else be interested, I am guessing about £5 each or maybe less, depending on import duty. (+ P & P)

Regards,

Les

PS. I am going to be making Chris's bed/frame upgrade over the next week or so and I will post about it on my blog if Chris doesn't mind.

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
April 29, 2014 03:03PM
Hi Les
That's ok with me.
Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login