Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod DUET problem

Posted by tat88 
Ormerod DUET problem
April 10, 2014 11:57PM
Hi All,

My DUET is acting abnormal, it will disconnected after I plug it to my laptop for a while. (after 5min, varies from time to time)

I will have to wait for a while before the next time I plug it to my laptop. Else my laptop will not able to detect it, but LED near USB port will turn on.

Anyone have this issue before? Some advise please...

Thanks
Tat
Re: Ormerod DUET problem
April 11, 2014 02:13PM
How is the Duet powered - do you have JP9 installed and powering from the 12V, or is it powered from the USB?

If you are powering from the USB, it is possible that your laptop USB socket cannot supply quite enough power, and the Duet is getting too low a voltage. If that is the case, either power the Duet from the 12V supply by fitting the jumper, or connect the Duet to a powered USB hub and connect the laptop to that hub instead of direct to the Duet.

Dave
(#106)
April 11, 2014 03:29PM
Are any of the components on the Duet board getting hot?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 12, 2014 04:55AM
dmould
How is the Duet powered - do you have JP9 installed and powering from the 12V, or is it powered from the USB?

If you are powering from the USB, it is possible that your laptop USB socket cannot supply quite enough power, and the Duet is getting too low a voltage. If that is the case, either power the Duet from the 12V supply by fitting the jumper, or connect the Duet to a powered USB hub and connect the laptop to that hub instead of direct to the Duet.

Dave
(#106)

Hi Dave, the USB port from my laptop is working fine. The problem still exist even the board i powered by PSU. I have successfully make my first print. See below.

dc42
Are any of the components on the Duet board getting hot?

Hi dc42, the problem is somehow related to your firmware. To answer your question, only the main chip getting hot (won't burn my hand) when the board is working fine, and nothing get hot when my laptop unable to detect the board.

I try to recall what I have made before this happen, the biggest changes I made before this is I update the firmware to RepRapFirmware-057y-dc42.bin. So yesterday, while the board still can be detected, I quickly erase the firmware, and then use back RepRapFirmware-057a-16-01-2014.bin. Until now, the problem do not happen again. Do you have any idea what is happen here?

Dave, dc42, thanks for you help. smiling smiley

Thanks.
Tat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login