Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please help me with that Ormerod thing or i will really put it to the junk

Posted by Blitza 
Please help me with that Ormerod thing or i will really put it to the junk
April 11, 2014 11:00AM
Hello Guys

I am really out of Options, first he works great then he had steps in the Y axis and they vanished again and i have now steps in the X axis as the photos showing.

That Printer really cost my nerves and if i find no solution i will sell it here for 300 euros, i just cant see that Thing anymore.
I have work to do and not 2 weeks work on the Setup for that Piece of *****
He prints 1 time great one time i cant print on an day, he changes so much from alone, oh and i have all Upgrades and firmeware from DC42....

He really makes me sick and if someone want to buy it for 300 euros tell me i will buy then an real Printer like an Ultimaker 2...

Sorry i have that Printer some months and it still have tonns of bugs and wont work good for that Money..

Greetings Mario
Attachments:
open | download - DSC00370.JPG (477.7 KB)
open | download - DSC00371.JPG (555.8 KB)
Re: Please help me with that Ormerod thing or i will really put it to the junk
April 11, 2014 11:15AM
Had this problem twice:

1. it was the belt slipping on the Y Axis. There is a clever little gizmo ( I think IamBurn created) which holds the belt in place, very clever.

2. My nozzle was too high. which meant the bottom of my fan duct kept catching on the plastic on the print-bed. (image attached)
It might not necessarily be your fan duct catching but have you kept n eye on it so see if anything physical is causing the step? this could explain why the issue is temperamental and in both horizontal directions.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_2924 copy.jpg (405.6 KB)
April 11, 2014 02:42PM
As it's your X axis slipping, it is either a very loose belt (check the X-motor bolts have not come loose), or as Zombies says, your fan or another part of the print head is catching on your print as it moves -0 watch it carefully as it prints. The stepper motors are not very powerful and a small catch can cause them to skip a step. Also make sure you have changed the stepper currents to 1000mA in the config.g file in the sys folder of your SD card.

Dave
(#106)
April 11, 2014 04:44PM
Hello

My belts very tight and i have the nozzle more down then the fan duct since i put an washer under the nozzle and i use the Mounting from an user here so it should work. I printed before great things like PS 3 holder etc and now it happens on each print.

I have the belt clamps on the y axis too...

EDIT: I know ist an good Printer but somehow it wears really fast out or it changes alot in how the Printer works, i wonder why each print is different even you care alot about the Printer and clean it and have it on an good place etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 04:54PM by Blitza.
April 11, 2014 05:09PM
I've had the X axis skip when it was at "low X", due to the hotend cable jamming between the fan and the electronics box and blocking the X carriage. I just ziptied it so it would bend upwards instead of sideways, problem solved.

Anyways, you should be able to clearly hear when it happens, and figure out what's going on. Chances are it's an easy fix.
April 11, 2014 05:28PM
Hi Mario, while it could be something catching on the table when it moves, I think you need to look at your belts....
I think maybe, in trying to be safer than sorry the belts are a fraction to tight (maybe)... It was a problem I had here...
Sometime it would skip a fraction and move things. I couldn't work out what it was till I saw black dust near the Y idler, and then I saw the belt was worn on the sides.
I have the same Y belt tensioners as you. I couldn't get the adjustment I wanted, to tight, then the next tooth to slack, so I put a washer behind the adjusters, and I got the half way adjustment I wanted. Also I upped the amperes from 800mA to 1000mA.
Kim..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 05:31PM by KimBrown.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
April 11, 2014 05:35PM
well i have black dust on the x belt and the y belt since they never run really centered on the bearing but before i printed sure 20 or 30 prints without any failure.

I did ordered from Sally already 2 new belts last weeks just to be sure.
April 11, 2014 05:43PM
Blitza
Hello Guys

I am really out of Options, first he works great then he had steps in the Y axis and they vanished again and i have now steps in the X axis as the photos showing.

That Printer really cost my nerves and if i find no solution i will sell it here for 300 euros, i just cant see that Thing anymore.
I have work to do and not 2 weeks work on the Setup for that Piece of *****
He prints 1 time great one time i cant print on an day, he changes so much from alone, oh and i have all Upgrades and firmeware from DC42....

He really makes me sick and if someone want to buy it for 300 euros tell me i will buy then an real Printer like an Ultimaker 2...

Sorry i have that Printer some months and it still have tonns of bugs and wont work good for that Money..

Greetings Mario

Hi Mario,
I'm printing now at least three months .....no problem..... honestly!
A happy user printing/assembling the third printer.....and many other items.
Ultimaker 2??? you need a pinthot smiley

Ciao
Dario

Ormerod 187
Firmware Electronics: Duet 0.6
Firmware Version:1.18.1 (2017-04-07)
Web Interface Version:1.15a
Slic3r 1.2.9a and Simplify3D 4.0.0
[www.dropbox.com]
April 11, 2014 05:48PM
Blitza, if you are using Matt's y-belt tensioners, then may I suggest you use my spacers to adjust the-belt tension. You can find them at [github.com].

88zombies, your photos show classic hot end sag. The print head should be horizontal and the nozzle vertical. If you haven't already solved it, see items 4a dna 4b at [forums.reprap.org].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 05:49PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 14, 2014 05:31AM
Hi DC42

The Hotend sag is really an pain i even tryed from an Forum member this new Nozzle Mount Piece but it did still sag.

Well today i had luck and i got after weeks an good print again, even better then the original Piece from the Kit.

Here some photos of the Piece and my Ultiomerod XD
Attachments:
open | download - DSC00376.JPG (563.3 KB)
April 14, 2014 04:10PM
I like the Tank.....

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login