Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

web control problem -again- help needed

Posted by tru168 
web control problem -again- help needed
April 11, 2014 10:42PM
Hi all,

I mentioned about web control problem few days ago, ( [forums.reprap.org] ) and I was printing very small object , it works fine for me.
recently when I print an object around 60 layer high ( i'm printing at 0.12mm layer high ) , when print at around layer 5 , it stop and I try to click home command on web control , nothing happen . I need to re-start Ormerod and web control. I tried on both google chrome and safari and both having same problem.
I can;t use USB because the USB port seems loosen quite a lot, not the solder point but the usb socket itself. small usb are not design for printer job afterall.

I need help please??

Ew
Re: web control problem -again- help needed
April 11, 2014 11:14PM
Hi Ew, I can't help you with the Web Interface.... I don't use it.
As for the USB socket being loose, there are 4 points where it is soldered.
Also if you remake the USB solder points, then give the solder connections a little heat to rejoin the solder.
Sorry I can't help more.
Kim..

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
April 12, 2014 03:37AM
I have found the web interface can be a bit temperamental, so I am using Pronterface mostly. Whichever I use I always upload to SD and then print from the SD, I have not had a freeze doing it this way.

Regards,

Les
April 12, 2014 04:16AM
Ew, which firmware version and web interface version are you using?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 12, 2014 05:49AM
Hi all,

Thanks for reply. Kim, I already re-soldered the socket nicely, just that the inner pin loosen a little , connection will lost while printing, i need to shake the usb a little to get the connection. Pionty, that will be good if the web interface can operate flawlessly. Pronterface won't work really well on my new Mac.
DC42, I used your firmware , the latest version 0.57y , with noticeable improvements. I also used iamburny web interface.

Ew
April 12, 2014 03:53PM
Ew, if you still have the command M111 S1 in your config.g file, then remove it. Alternatively, send M111 S0 before you print. This will help avoid the printer locking up or resetting if the PC stops accepting output from the USB port.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 13, 2014 09:21PM
Hi DC42,

I already removed the debug command in config.g as mentioned in previous post. I will use pronterface again, and I already ordered a new USB socket and already on its way. should solve my problem i think.

Ew
April 14, 2014 02:55AM
I have some firmware changes in progress to provide diagnostic info when prints hang, maybe this will help track down the problem.

April 14, 2014 06:13AM
DC42,
Thats great ! I will watching your new firmware, and upgrade it once I found new release / version. I noticed that your firmware run much more smoother even with higher speed. may I know if you limit the printing speed in firmware? or just optimised it? my original firmware can't print anything faster than 40mm/s, now I'm printing 50mm/s smoothly.

Ew
April 14, 2014 06:37AM
Hi tru,

Don't know if this helps, but here you go:
I thought my USB connection to the duet was loose, but it turned out to be restricted from fully seating by the duet enclosure (one of the many 'aha that's the problem' moments when troubleshooting my own issue).
I made a slight 'modification' to the case with a knife and it now sits in nicely.

Cheers,
April 14, 2014 07:55AM
Hi tru, yes I did make a change that I thought should make movement smoother, although I didn't notice any difference myself.

April 14, 2014 01:05PM
Parper101,

Yes, I modded the USB since day 1 . smiling smiley

DC42 , Yes, huge improvement I must say ! I tried older firmware and anything more than 45mm/s I feel like my Ormerod almost destruct by itself. with your firmware, I print 50mm/s without any problem.

Ew
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login