Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hmmmm Now there's a first......

Posted by KimBrown 
Hmmmm Now there's a first......
April 12, 2014 09:53AM
Sometimes while printing I've found the X-axis bearing will slowly start to work it's way out of the X-carriage....
Today, (luckily I was beside the printer), it came out completely.....
Guess what my next design upgrade's gonna be later today.........angry smiley

Kim..

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Re: Hmmmm Now there's a first......
April 12, 2014 10:05AM
Probably after a lot of print the x carriage PLA have some problem with the heat bed temperature... I have the same problem last week but actually I have printed an other one in ABS

Anyway the better solution is to have a carriage stop or something that goes into the bearing grooves
April 12, 2014 10:11AM
What we can use to lubrificare the linear bearing? I found that this kind of bearing isn't so sliding (probably economic?) When I move them manually I can feel some step in the moving....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2014 10:11AM by Zonzo.
April 12, 2014 10:23AM
I use either 3in1 oil, or WD40..... (I know some people don't like WD40, but I do)....

LoL... I was so annoyed at loosing a long print, I have come up with a quick solution.....

I covered the bearing in Super Glue, and slid it back in very quickly.... It's stuck a treat now......
Now to oil the shaft, and start the print AGAIN....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... How annoying..... But it won't happen again....
LoL cool smiley

Kim..

April 12, 2014 11:24AM
You put the oil on the shaft or inside the bearing over the gasket?
April 12, 2014 12:54PM
Kim,
This has been happening to me too over the last few prints.
I found the bearing desperately needed some lubricant (I had been ignoring all the bearings!). The bearing would run OK, but on a change of direction it was inclined to stop and refuse to start moving unless given a good hard push - solved now it is lubricated.
I have instituted a permanent fix (not as permanent as super glue!!!)
1mm drill down behind the sensor mount so that it just comes out of the bearing holder at the point where the bearing circlip groove is. Snip off a bit of paper clip (with part of a bend) and push it firmly into the hole and into the bearing circlip groove - job done.
I can easily remove it by gripping the bend of the paper clip, and pulling.
Greg

Ormerod #17
April 12, 2014 01:13PM
That's a good fix Greg... I like that...
My glue is working well.. But try as I might all day I haven't been able to print....

I washed the glass over and over again, re-leveled the bed cos he machine had knocked it out of line, Tried all sorts of temps....
Nope, all I got was a gooy mess to clean up each time.
I'd printed a test of my replacement Nozzle Mount last night, so wanted to fit it, So decided that a change was as good as rest.....
So got on and replaced it.... Then I saw that the HotEnd assembly was out of line...
I guess when it fell off the bearing the force was enough to twist it and move the bed...
I've fitted the New Nozzle Mount, and first print is looking great now....

When people have problems printing, I'll add this to the list of things to look at.....

Maybe the nozzle was no longer level, but it's printing like mad now....
hot smiley

April 12, 2014 01:38PM
Well, my superglue didn't last long but I have successfully used masking tape. So if it goes wrong...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login