Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Press print and wait forever

Posted by antlvk 
Press print and wait forever
April 16, 2014 05:21AM
I've tried ormerod.ini and i tried default one still the same. tried repetier-host and pronterface also same.

the only way i can print are pre heat everything then it will print almost immediately... any solution guys?
Re: Press print and wait forever
April 16, 2014 05:57AM
1. What firmware are you using?

2. What bed and extruder temperatures have you set in slic3r?

3. Are the bed and the extruder getting within 2.5C of those temperatures when it is "waiting forever"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 05:57AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 16, 2014 06:19AM
1. ur newest firmware

2. bed 230 that can achieved in few second

3. urmmm... not quite sure... print will start if temperature near the target temperature. if i preheat it. if not then will wait forever n ever...
April 16, 2014 06:47AM
2 set of start code i've tried.

Start code 1

G28 ; home all axes
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle

Start code 2

G28 ; home all axes
G21 ; set units to millimeters
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M83 ; use relative distances for extrusion
M140 S110; Set bed temperature
G1 Z5 F200 ; lift nozzle
G1 X2 Y50 F2000; Go to wait for warm position
M116; Wait for all temperatures
G10 P0 S205 R0 ; Set extruder temperature
T0; Select extruder
M116; Wait for all temperatures
April 16, 2014 07:21AM
Try removing the G10 command fron the start code and let slic3r generate the command instead. I have a feeling that you may be trying to set the bed temp to 205, but I can't check that right now.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 16, 2014 08:28AM
I print using start code set 1 without G10 also having same problem
April 16, 2014 08:47AM
I suggest you:

1. Post the start of your gcode file, when you are using start code

2. Also when using start code 1, watch the temperatures when it is waiting forever, to see what values they reach.

Then correlate these values to compare the temperatures being commanded with the temperatures being reached.

Also, when you sat "ur newest firmware", what is the version reported by the M115 command?

April 16, 2014 09:58AM
dc42
I suggest you:

2. Also when using start code 1, watch the temperatures when it is waiting forever, to see what values they reach.
Unfortunately, if using Pronterface you cannot check the temperatures while the Duet is hanging on a M116 command - the temperatures don't get reported during the waiting period. I've not used the web interface, so don't know if that is any different.

Dave
(#106)
April 16, 2014 10:39AM
Dave, if you've not used Matt's web interface, then I suggest you take a look at it. It is now far superior to Pronterface. And yes it does continue to report the temperatures (as well as the head position and the z-probe value) while executing M116.

April 16, 2014 11:26AM
the temperature in proterface nor repetier won't update after press print... but web interface will go up and i wont start print
April 16, 2014 12:06PM
I did have the same problem as you, it was caused by the thermistor not being fully central in the heater block, so it was reading a lower temperature.

Regards,

Les
April 16, 2014 01:14PM
dc42
Dave, if you've not used Matt's web interface, then I suggest you take a look at it. It is now far superior to Pronterface. And yes it does continue to report the temperatures (as well as the head position and the z-probe value) while executing M116.

I may do, but 3 things have made me reluctant so far:

1) The need to set up and maintain a local webserver (the company Internet goes via a password protected proxy for HTTP which the Duet would not be able to cope with, so it would have to be a local server)
2) I move the Ormerod from work to home frequently, which have different IP addresses, so I would need to change the Ormerod's and the webserver's IP address each time.
3) At present I don't have any spare Ethernet ports at home (though I've been planning to get a bigger hub for some time so that's not a biggie).

Taken together with the fact that it will not make things significantly easier or better than using Pronterface, there is no big incentive to change. In fact, you have just removed my main incentive - the fact that a crashed PC can stop the print and ruin hours of work & plastic was a bit of a concern, but hopefully your latest firmware will solve that issue.

Dave
(#106)
April 16, 2014 01:21PM
Dave, my latest firmware and my variant on Matt's web interface serves all the files from the Duet, so you won't need a local web server. And the web interface really is much nicer than Pronterface to use!

In principle, the web server could be modified to get its IP address via DHCP, however I'm not sure that would help because you would then need to find out what IP address has been assigned to it.

April 16, 2014 01:37PM
dmould, to start you could use the webif as you do pronterface: just connect it directly with an ethernet lead modern day pc's generally do auto-x-over. This way you could leave th ormerod set to the company ip an use a direct cable @home setting the pc to a suitable ip.
The webif is really much nicer plus unplugging never caused any trouble...
April 17, 2014 07:38AM
auser
dmould, to start you could use the webif as you do pronterface: just connect it directly with an ethernet lead modern day pc's generally do auto-x-over. This way you could leave th ormerod set to the company ip an use a direct cable @home setting the pc to a suitable ip.
The webif is really much nicer plus unplugging never caused any trouble...

If I did that, I would not be able to use the PC on the Internet while I am printing!

Dave
(#106)
April 17, 2014 07:58AM
dc42
Dave, my latest firmware and my variant on Matt's web interface serves all the files from the Duet, so you won't need a local web server. And the web interface really is much nicer than Pronterface to use!

In principle, the web server could be modified to get its IP address via DHCP, however I'm not sure that would help because you would then need to find out what IP address has been assigned to it.

I haven't been keeping up with the web development so was unaware that the need for an external webserver had been eliminated. Thanks for that information - I may take a look at what I need to do and give it a go over the long weekend. I admit that I would welcome not needing to remove the SD card to load print files onto it. I expect I can borrow a hub until I get one myself - or unplug my timeserver and use that port.

Regarding DHCP - if it had DHCP I would be able to log on to my router to see what IP address has been assigned to the Ormerod's MAC address. It is also not that difficult to write a simple UDP "discovery" tool. There is also another way to set an IP address:

1) Add the Duet's MAC address to your ARP table, associating it with the desired IP address (e.g "arp -s 192.168.1.99 00-12-34-56-78-9A" )
2) Ping that IP address (e.g. "ping 192.168.1.99" ) within 60 seconds of the Duet being powered/reset
3) Have the Duet change its IP address to the one it received via a directed Ping packet so long as it has been alive for under 60 seconds.

You will need to know the Duet's MAC address of course, but I'm sure there must be a way to either get it or set it.

Dave
(#106)
April 17, 2014 09:03AM
Maybe I'll try enabling the DHCP support in the network code, and have it default to DHCP if no IP address is configured in config.g.

April 17, 2014 09:55AM
dmould
auser
.. you could use the webif as you do pronterface: just connect it directly ...
If I did that, I would not be able to use the PC on the Internet while I am printing!
I actually often disconnect my laptop from the printer after I have seen that the first 1 or 2 layer(s) stick, return to the light (from the cellar) and work on the laptop (including internet). Re-Plugging the printer is possible @ any time.
If you use wireless-lan for the internet access you can even monitor the print @ surf the net while "thethered" to the ormerod.
April 17, 2014 10:11AM
Well, I just loaded the web files and 0.57zb-dc42 firmware. No joy I'm afraid. Accessing the Duet via a browser brings up a very nice looking web page, but everything is greyed out and nothing works at all. When I try to connect, pronterface brings up the messages:

Network connection error, code -11
Network: ConnectionError
Network ConnectionError: didn't find hs=00000000

I am using the same 10/100base hub that I use for everything else. Unplugging the ethernet cable from the Duet and connecting it to another device enables me to communicate fine with that device.

My config.g file (the commented out network values are for home, active is for the office):

; RepRapPro Ormerod

; Standard configuration G Codes

M111 S0 ; Debug off
M550 POrmerod ; Set the machine's name
M551 Preprap ; Set the password

M552 P10.2.10.206 ; Set the IP address
M553 P255.255.255.0 ; Set netmask
M554 P10.2.10.1 ; Set the gateway

;M552 P192.168.1.253 ; Set the IP address
;M553 P255.255.255.0 ; Set netmask
;M554 P192.168.1.254 ; Set the gateway

M555 P2 ; Emulate Marlin USB output
T0 ; Select extruder 0
G21 ; Work in mm
M92 E429 ; Set extruder steps/mm 1.75mm
G90 ; Absolute positioning
M83 ; Extrusions relative
M558 P1 ; Turn Z Probe on
G31 Z1 P269 ; Set Z probe height and threshold

M203 X6000 Y6000 Z240 E6000 ;set feedrates - divide by 60 for mm/s
M201 X1500 Y1500 Z30 E500 ;set accels
M906 X1000 Y1000 Z1000 E1250 ;set currents
T0 ; Select extruder 0

; Bed Level compensation points
M561 ; Remove compensation
;M557 P0 X60 Y30 ; Set point 1 position
;M557 P1 X60 Y170 ; set point 2 position
;M557 P2 X215 Y170 ; Set point 3 position
;M557 P3 X215 Y30 ; Set point 4 position
; Axis compensation
;M556 S78 X0.25 Y0.2 Z0.7 ; Now done in Home Z macro

Dave
(#106)
April 17, 2014 10:46AM
Dave, sorry to hear it isn't working for you. A few questions:

1. Which web interface files did you use? Did you put them all on the SD card, in the right places?

2. Confirm that you are using Chrome browser?

3. Can you ping the Duet board reliably from the PC?

4. What operating system is the PC running?

April 17, 2014 11:05AM
Hi - sorry I didn't think it was still limited to the Chrome browser, I was using IE so that's probably the problem. I used the web files on the GIT this morning - not sure where to find a version number but they are the ones you put up rather than Matt, and your readme mentions version 68 and to use firmware 0.57z or above. Your instructions are to extract the ZIP into the SD card's www directory. This created a sub-directory called "OrmerodWebControl-master" and put all the files and directories there. However the web interface did not work at all unless I pulled the files & directories from that sub-directory and put then directly under "www".

Yes. I can ping the Duet OK, and am running Windows 8 at the office (Win7 at home).

I'll try it at home using Chrome.

Dave
(#106)
April 17, 2014 11:13AM
I recall that Matt upgraded the web interface to a later version of jquery a while ago, and at the time he said this meant it would definitely not work with IE.

April 17, 2014 01:39PM
OK, I installed Chrome and the web interface appears to work OK. One glitch I've noticed so far is that it refuses to send my "setbed.g" file to the Ormerod if I drag & drop it (or select it) with the "G Print Drop/Click" button. If I drop or select "Circle.g" with that button in exactly the same way, that prints fine (and the head moves smoothly), but my "setbed.g" just causes all the buttons to grey out and the web interface is unusable from then on (though the temperatures continue to be updated and the log says it sent the file to print). I can fix that lockup by closing Chrome and then re-connecting. If however I upload the same "setbed.g" file to SD card (via the web interface), then it prints fine from the SD card, so that's a viable workaround. Oh well! Perhaps I'll put it in the "sys" directory instead of the "homez.g" file and use the Z home button to invoke it (I zero Z by hand so usually never use the Z Home button).

I've attached my "setbed.g" file (note it does not actually set bed compensation since I fitted the aluminium bed support, now it simply shifts the home coordinates so prints are centred). I'd be curious to know whether it acts the same for others.

I'll try printing from Chrome over the weekend - this try was from a Win8 PC, but it will be from a Win7 machine over the weekend.

This is the message log when I drag & drop "setbed.g:

18:20:27 Web Printing SetBed.g started
18:20:19 T:29.5 B:27.4
18:20:18 M115
FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.57zb-dc42 ELECTRONICSgrinning smileyuet DATE:2014-04-16
18:20:17 T:29.7 B:29.2
18:20:13 Page Load Complete

This is the message log when I drag & drop "circle.g:

18:23:12 Finished web printing circle.g in 13s
18:22:58 Web Printing circle.g started
18:22:52 T:29.3 B:27.3
18:22:51 M115
FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.57zb-dc42 ELECTRONICSgrinning smileyuet DATE:2014-04-16
18:22:50 T:29.5 B:27.4
18:22:26 Page Load Complete

Dave
(#106)
Attachments:
open | download - SetBed.g (357 bytes)
April 17, 2014 03:06PM
Dave, I get a similar problem trying to print your setbed.g file over the web. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

April 17, 2014 04:36PM
Dave, I've tracked it down to a bug in reprap.js. I'll fix it soon, however in the meantime a workaround is to add comment lines to your setbed.g file so that it is at least 20 21 lines long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 05:09PM by dc42.

April 17, 2014 05:27PM
Thanks Dave - but now I have another issue - it won't work at home!
I've installed the same Chrome browser, and the only change I made was to the config.g file to change the IP and gateway addresses to match my home network. I can ping the Ormerod, and sometimes (but not always) I get the web page up but with all buttons greyed out and am not able to connect. Pronterface shows the following when I try to connect (this is from a powerup, so everything was clean):

Connecting...
Printer is now online.
Conn lost before send
Conn lost before send
Network SentPacketAcknowledged: didn't find hs=20078d70
Network SentPacketAcknowledged: didn't find hs=20078e18
Network SentPacketAcknowledged: didn't find hs=20078e04
Network SentPacketAcknowledged: didn't find hs=20078e04

The Duet is plugged into one of my BT HomeHub 10/100base ports, with my PC (running Win7) connected to the hub's 1000base port (and connected at 1000Mbps). After power-cycling the Duet I've just tried it from a slower PC connected via a powerline 10/100base router, and I get the same thing. That PC is also running Win7, and a fresh Chrome install.

Just tried Firefox with similar results - but more error messages in Proterface

Connecting...
Printer is now online.
Conn lost before send
Network SentPacketAcknowledged: didn't find hs=20078dc8
Can't open 0:/www/favicon.icoGET to read from. Error code: 4
Conn lost before send
Can't open 0:/www/js/jquery.storageapi.min.jsGET to read from. Error code: 4
Conn lost before send
Network SentPacketAcknowledged: didn't find hs=20078d84
Network SentPacketAcknowledged: didn't find hs=20078d84

While the "Can't open " message might indicate an SD card issue, it's the same card I have always used (one I bought, not the RRP card), and the Duet is obviously loading the config.g file from the card at powerup OK, so the card is seated correctly (I unplugged & plugged in again just in case) - and the same SD card & files worked a couple of hours ago at the office - so I don't think that is likely to be the issue (but stranger things have been known to happen ...).

Ah well - I have quite a few designs I want to print over Easter, and was quite looking forward to not having to remove the SD card to load print files, and you were quite correct that the user interface is better than Pronterface, but I guess it is not to be. Better the devil you know!

I design & program LAN

Dave
(#106)
April 17, 2014 05:42PM
Dave, I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems. Please can you close the browser, reset the Duet, start & connect Pronterface, send command M111 S1, then open a new Chrome window to the Duet. Then after 20 seconds or so disconnect Pronterface, then copy the whole Pronterface message log and post it.

I'm not sure whether the web interface should work with FireFox (AFAIK Matt only tested it with Chrome), however I've just tried it and it seems to work for me. But the messages you are getting with GET appended to the filename suggest something is wrong.

April 17, 2014 05:49PM
PS - Dave, are you absolutely certain that the IP address you have assigned to the Duet is not already in use on your network?

April 18, 2014 06:16AM
Hi, - thanks for taking time to think about this issue. Yes, I am certain that the IP address is not assigned - I had the same thought and so with the Ormerod off I did an "arp -d" to clear the ARP table, then pinged the IP address (no reply), then checked the arp table to ensure nothing had replied to the ARP. The Duet pings OK with no missing packets. I'm printing right now (but it's nearly finished), and will do the other checks when it has completed. As said, it was running fine with Chrome at work just an hour or so previously. If I get a bit of time, I'll run a network trace and see what packets are being exchanged.

Dave
(#106)
April 18, 2014 06:29AM
OK - the print finished earlier than I thought it would. Here is the Pronterface log - I'm now wondering whether it may be a Java issue on my PC - although another of my home PCs also did not work (also Win7):

Connecting...
Printer is now online.
>>>M111 S1
SENDING:M111 S1
Debugging enabled
HTTP request: GET / HTTP/1.1
HTTP request: GET /css/bootstrap.min.css HTTP/1.1
HTTP request: GET /css/main.css HTTP/1.1
HTTP request: GET /js/jquery-2.1.0.min.js HTTP/1.1
Webserver: incomplete request
Conn lost before send
HTTP request: GET /js/jquery.storageapi.min.js HTTP/1.1
HTTP request: GET /js/jquery.flot.min.js HTTP/1.1
HTTP request: GET /js/jquery.flot.navigate.js HTTP/1.1
HTTP request: GET /js/jquery.filedrop.min.js HTTP/1.1
HTTP request: GET /js/reprap.js HTTP/1.1
Disconnected.

Dave
(#106)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login