Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where to get connectors

Posted by alanbattersby 
Where to get connectors
April 17, 2014 04:47PM
Hi,
Could someone who is knowledgeable about electronics please tell me where I can get the connectors that push onto the Duet board?
Are they Molex connectors? I have not broken any of mine I just want to add try using a spare output to play around.

Thanks
Alan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 04:48PM by alanbattersby.
Re: Where to get connectors
April 17, 2014 05:11PM
For my sensor board kit, to connect to the pins on the Duet I use these crimp receptacles [uk.farnell.com] and these 2-way shells [uk.farnell.com]. If you only want to connect one or two wires, then Maplin sells some suitable connectors in packs of about 8 or 10.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 05:14PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 17, 2014 05:38PM
Thanks dc42,

I am thinking of buying a duet board to play around with and connect to some steppers. I fancy making a delta printer as I like the movement of the 3 arms.

Alan
April 18, 2014 04:13AM
You can get them from proto-pic, they also do some of the Sparkfun stuff in the UK. I have used them before and the service is good.

Regards,

Les
April 19, 2014 05:54AM
Search for 'Dupont head' on eBay - they are next to free from China, and unless you want gold-plated quality I think they are just as good for experimentation.

/Allan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login