Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing halfway suddenly stopped.

Posted by antlvk 
Printing halfway suddenly stopped.
April 19, 2014 08:18AM
Printing halfway suddenly stopped. What happened? The head stop and heating still burning and keep cooking the point that the head stopped..... then in web interface all axis not homed... means it's automatically reset?
Re: Printing halfway suddenly stopped.
April 19, 2014 09:32AM
It sounds something like that. Which firmware are you running? Version 057za-dc42 and later will reset automatically if it detects that the printer is stuck in a polling function for more than 20 seconds. This is to prevent the hot end cooking for too long. If this is what happened, run M111 S2 and look for "Last reset reason" and "Last software reset code".

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 19, 2014 01:25PM
I just had the same thing 3 times on the trot., strangely enough it stopped at the same place twice, (Just over an hour in) I then tweaked the design and it got a bit further. Before the 3rd time I went back to RepRapFirmware-057y-dc42, in case it was a firmware issue. (just upgraded to zb and will try the file again later if the next few prints are ok)

I am now trying to print some other bits.

Regards,

Les
April 20, 2014 07:02AM
Not sure what the problem was, I printed a few more parts up to about an hour each without issues last night. In the meantime I have upgraded to zb firmware and tweaked the design again. This morning the troublesome part printed beautifully (2 1/4 hours)

Regards,

Les
April 20, 2014 07:14AM
Glad it's working for you. You might want to try the 058 firmware now.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 20, 2014 09:19AM
One thing I#ve noticed in the past, but haven't tried it since updating, was if I plugged in my camera phone to download some pictures, it was fine until I unplugged the phone. But I think this is a clash between ProntPrint and the Samsung driver in Windoze 8.1. Since realising what the problem was I don't disconnect any external drives now while printing.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
April 21, 2014 09:44AM
I just had another freeze, here's the M111 S2 code output...

FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.57zb-dc42 ELECTRONICSgrinning smileyuet DATE:2014-04-16
14:22:07 Program static ram used: 39940 Dynamic ram used: 41572 Recycled dynamic ram: 408 Current stack ram used: 1264 Maximum stack ram used: 2616 Never used ram: 13768 Last reset reason: software Last software reset code & available RAM: 0x1000, 14984 Error status: 0 Bed probe heights: 0.000 0.500 1.300 0.800

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
April 21, 2014 02:11PM
Thanks Les, the reset code 0x1000 gives me something to look into. Were you printing from SD card, or Ethernet, or USB at the time? Which of the Ethernet and USB did you have connected?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2014 02:13PM by dc42.

April 21, 2014 02:21PM
dc42
Thanks Les, the reset code 0x1000 gives me something to look into. Were you printing from SD card, or Ethernet, or USB at the time? Which of the Ethernet and USB did you have connected?

I was printing from the SD card with just the Ethernet connected. Started exactly the same print again, and it printed fine.

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
April 21, 2014 03:04PM
Les, unless you want to revert to 0.57y, please can you upgrade to 0.58. If you get another print hang, please wait 20 secs for it to reboot and then read and post the error code again. Meanwhile I'll look into possible causes of that 0x1000 code.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login