Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bad message log

Posted by Zonzo 
Bad message log
April 24, 2014 04:49AM
Hi

this morning I have start a print, when I come back to see the print status I found that the print was stopped and the noozle was in the middle of the print with the bed and noozle still hot...

the Pause button was disable so I had to lift manually the noozle and set the temperature to 0...

in the message log I found this:

Warning! Ormerod webserver is probably broken, power cycle/reset your Duet Board sad smiley

what happend??
Re: Bad message log
April 24, 2014 05:18AM
What firmware are you running?

The original firmware can get stuck waiting for USB output to complete, so it can hang as you describe e.g. if you disconnect the USB cable, or the PC goes to sleep with the USB cable connected, or you connect another USB device to the PC. My current firmware is resilient in the face of USB disconnects, and has two mechanisms built-in to cause an automatic reset of the printer if the print hangs for any reason.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 24, 2014 06:31AM
Hi,

I'm using 057y

the print start from the sd, I've never print via USB, every time I use the upload button on the web interface.

the USB was not connected during the print and the pc don't have any kind of energy reduction option enabled, there are only the LAN cable

In any case I'm looking for update the firmware right now.

I just want to understand why the print stop after one hour...

thanks
April 24, 2014 09:34AM
One possible cause of the print stopping is power brownout. If there is a power brownout while the heated bed and/or extruder is on, the 12V from the ATX PSU will drop rapidly, with the 5V and 3.3V following soon. I've added a 470uF capacitor on my Duet board in parallel with C3 to make the 5V and 3.3V last a bit longer.

Other possible causes are mains-borne or RF interference causing a processor lockup, or firmware bugs. My 0.58 firmware has additional protection against these, and a diagnostic mechanism to help pin down any unexpected hangs.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 24, 2014 03:13PM
Now I'm anxious about my printer after what happened today... nozzle and bed on whit the Ormerod blocked in the middle of a print with nozzle touching the printed part.

I have immediately update to the last 058dc42 firmware and then launch a long print that I've previously load to the sd...
I leave the printer finish the work in my office...alone... and now I'm worried...

I'm sure about the wire connection between power board and Duet (after seen a post some days ago I've tighten the screw... again...)

There are any case of bug founded in the new firmware? There are a way to turn off the printer at the end of the print or in any case after some hour? (in case of gcode error that don't reach the end and park the nozzle after turn it off!)
April 24, 2014 03:21PM
It is possible to have the duet turn the ATX power supply on or off, which disables all steppers, heaters and fans. I do that to power it off after a finished print (after a cool down period).

I think the latest firmware also has a "watchdog" that resets it if it hangs, and it would be feasible to have it be "powered down" on boot up (just add M81 to config.g), but I wouldn't do that. When it starts up I think it's best to have it run the fan, to cool things back down if it crashes during printing. All motors and heaters are off though, so if the duet was to crash and restart for some reason it would be in a "safe state".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login