Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GCodes cheat sheet - Ormerod specific

Posted by bobtidey 
GCodes cheat sheet - Ormerod specific
May 02, 2014 10:33AM
I have been putting together an Ormerod specific G Code cheat sheet.

There was a generic cheat sheet from Chill0r on thingiVerse and the RepRap wiki has lots of GCode info but they have stuff that is not in Ormerod and don't have some extra stuff that is.

Attached file is first version which, of course, may still have errors and omissions.
Attachments:
open | download - Ormerod G code CheatSheet.doc (120 KB)
Re: GCodes cheat sheet - Ormerod specific
May 02, 2014 10:59AM
Great work! - thank you!

Erik
May 02, 2014 11:09AM
Great job, thanks

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
May 02, 2014 12:35PM
bobtidey
... and the RepRap wiki has lots of GCode info but they have stuff that is not in Ormerod and don't have some extra stuff that is.

Can you provide details? I' already updated that wiki with extra gcodes and parameters that I added to the firmware.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 02, 2014 12:41PM
Good job, thanks thumbs up
May 02, 2014 06:46PM
dc42
bobtidey
... and the RepRap wiki has lots of GCode info but they have stuff that is not in Ormerod and don't have some extra stuff that is.

Can you provide details? I' already updated that wiki with extra gcodes and parameters that I added to the firmware.

The comment was about both existing cheat sheets and the Wiki. The existing cheat sheet was missing much as it wasn't Ormerod specific. The wiki is a much better source, thanks for your updates, and obviously has much more detail than a summary sheet could give.

The wiki version does lack the M900 and M901 commands and the M503 seems not to be quite in alignment with Ormerod usage.

I do use the wiki when I want to understand a command I haven't used before. It can be a bit confusing if one doesn't know whether a command is relevant to Ormerod or not.

The sheet I uploaded was missing description of M998 and M999 (resend and reset). I've added those now and will upload again after I see whether more corrections are needed
May 03, 2014 04:12AM
Nice work, thanks Bob.

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
May 04, 2014 04:51AM
A few minor updates and adding M998/999.
Attachments:
open | download - Ormerod G code CheatSheet.doc (114 KB)
May 15, 2014 05:56PM
Updated to include changes in dc42-59a

Edit: correction to add parameter for M564

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2014 05:03AM by bobtidey.
Attachments:
open | download - Ormerod G code CheatSheet.doc (119 KB)
October 26, 2014 06:33PM
Hi Everyone, can anyone please help me with the reason for the printed item coming loose while the print is in progress. The platen is clean, and, this happened while I was trying to print the test piece.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Ken.
October 27, 2014 09:29AM
kenroma6946
Hi Everyone, can anyone please help me with the reason for the printed item coming loose while the print is in progress. The platen is clean, and, this happened while I was trying to print the test piece.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Ken.

This was not perhaps the correct thread to post your query, but no matter. There are a few reasons why the part won't stick to the bed well. What coating are you using on the bed? (e.g. kapton tape, solvent, plain glass etc). Bed temperature is a factor, but the most common cause of poor adhesion is that the Z home height is slightly too high. The zero height is critical, and it is best to do the Z homing by hand for the first prints. Heat up the bed and with a sheet of ordinary copier paper underneath, slowly lower the nozzle 0.1mm at a time using Pronterface or the web interface. Move the paper around by hand as you lower until you can just feel the nozzle gripping the paper - you should be able to feel the fan vibration through the paper as you move it. Then lower the nozzle an additional 0.1mm and set that as the 0 position with a G92 Z0 command. Try the print with that setting and it should be close enough to produce something reasonable - if the first layer is a bit too high or low you can adjust the "feel" point next time - with experience you'll be able to get it spot-on very quickly using the paper method.

If you could stop your print after the first layer and post a close-up photograph it would make it easier to try to diagnose whether you have a height issue.

Dave
February 01, 2015 07:50AM
Has there been an update to the ormerod Gcode cheat sheet since May 2014?

I've got hand written notes on some additions but I know it is not complete.

Can anyone help with an updated list?

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
February 01, 2015 07:54AM
I believe the RepRap Wiki is kept up to date at [reprap.org]

Dave
February 01, 2015 09:24AM
The wiki is the place to go for a full official description.

The reason I put the cheat sheet originally together was to have a compact aide memoir for the commands and to add on a few commands in dc firmware.

I attach my latest pdf of this as well as the word doc source. It doesn't have good examples and parameters for some of the latest commands.
Attachments:
open | download - Ormerod G code CheatSheet.pdf (27.9 KB)
open | download - Ormerod G code CheatSheet.doc (138 KB)
February 01, 2015 09:53AM
@bobtidey, Thank you, that is just what I wanted, I found your previous version, May 2014, very useful and compact.

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
February 01, 2015 10:38AM
Correction on operation of M37 simulate command.
Attachments:
open | download - Ormerod G code CheatSheet.pdf (27.9 KB)
open | download - Ormerod G code CheatSheet.doc (138 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login