Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

modified duet enclosure

Posted by appjaws1 
modified duet enclosure
May 02, 2014 05:46PM
I have just finished modifying the duet enclosure to give an additional depth of 12mm which will allow connections at the top of the board to be made without bending the terminals.

I have not printed this item, I have run out of time and will not have my ormerod with me for the next 3 weeks.

Feel free to try it and post any suggestions here.

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: modified duet enclosure
May 02, 2014 05:48PM
appjaws1
I have just finished modifying the duet enclosure to give an additional depth of 12mm which will allow connections at the top of the board to be made without bending the terminals.

I have not printed this item, I have run out of time and will not have my ormerod with me for the next 3 weeks.

Feel free to try it and post any suggestions here.

Great! Where can we find the STL?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2014 05:48PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 02, 2014 06:31PM
sorry didn't add the files

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
Attachments:
open | download - appjaws-modified-duet-enclosure.zip (58.1 KB)
open | download - appjaws-modified-duet-enclosure.png (10.5 KB)
May 03, 2014 04:33AM
Thanks Paul.

Stupid question. does it need the bottom filled? As you have the acrylic behind it can we not just have supports around the screws, something like this...

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
May 03, 2014 09:58AM
I was having trouble with cut-outs with the original Ormerod part stl, so I thought that a filled in back as part of the design would suit most users, although you loose the Ormerod icon. From my point of view it will be more stable and can still have the acrylic top with the spool holder fitted, although I might redesign that to have screws. or some sort of quick release fitting so that the reset button on the board can be accessed.

I could try again and make it identical to the original just deeper. Would there be any demand for this?

I am working on a version 2 with incorporated stand offs for the duet board mounts.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions very welcome

Paul

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
May 03, 2014 11:16AM
Stand off for the board mounts sounds good, particularly if you make the right hand one separate from the T-bar screw and then offset a hole for that to the left. The idea being to be able to position the enclosure more to the right away from the X axis. Currently the T-bar screw hits the extrusion end stop and limits the positioning quite a bit. The stand off would need to be effectively self tapping and the board mounted after the enclosure fixed in. It would also need to be high enough to clear the mounting screw head. One could have 2 or 3 potentially T bar holes and then pick the one to choose the position.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2014 11:16AM by bobtidey.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login