Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Bed Heater Connector Box Header

Posted by Pointy 
Duet Bed Heater Connector Box Header
May 07, 2014 04:26AM
Before I fitted my replacement Duet, I decided to make a simple part to stop the ribbon cable from being misaligned.

Simples!

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
Attachments:
open | download - duet box header.stl (13.2 KB)
Re: Duet Bed Heater Connector Box Header
May 07, 2014 04:37AM
nice one!
did you glue it in place?
using which kind of glue?
thanks
May 07, 2014 04:50AM
auser
nice one!
did you glue it in place?
using which kind of glue?
thanks

No glue, just a tight fit and clips into place.

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
May 07, 2014 05:35AM
Good idea - some people have miss-registered the ribbon cable, and put 12V down the thermistor wire, which destroys the Duet. Though I think you have to try quite hard to do this...

I've added it to the Ormerod user modifications page: [reprap.org]

As you have the extra headers (the smaller green terminal, for heated bed wires, and the two-pin thermistor connector next to it), you can use these instead of the ribbon cable connector - they're just duplicate the functionality in a different form, so users can replace the ribbon cable with normal wire if they want.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
May 07, 2014 09:17AM
Ian,

as a hint for future Duet board revisions, I suggest to add (at least) a series resistor into the thermistor ADC path, something in the range of 47k...100k (keeping the pullup resistor on the thermistor side and the capacitor on the ADC side). It won't affect the ADC reading, but it's enough to limit the current to safe levels if the thermistor input is inadvertently connected to the 12V line (I assume the Atmel chip has the usual internal diodes to power rails) . It would then be useful to add a 100 nF ceramic close to the thermistor connections to give a ground path to the noise captured from theristor wiring.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login