Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No response! sad smiley HELP

Posted by redblunt 
No response! sad smiley HELP
May 09, 2014 06:46AM
hey community,

if come to a point where i think my printer is broken hot smiley

it gives response when its only connected by usb (and rj45 LAN)
as soon as i enable the power supply i get no response over
pronterface.

i unplugged and replugged everything - i contacted support
but got no response so far.

so im here again in the community to ask:

has someone encountered a similar problem

regards moritz

Red Ormerod No. 281

Mods:
-My Bedsupport Mk2
-My upper z mount
-Davek0974s Aluminium X-Rib
-iamburnys Z Gears
-Form232-teks Cthulhu cooling ductg
-MasonStonehenges spring-loaded extruder

RepRapFirmware-0.78k-dc42,
web interface 0.99, Win7
Re: No response! sad smiley HELP
May 09, 2014 09:34AM
My first suspicion is that the Duet is crashing due to a spike on the mains when you switch on the PSU. Have you tried connecting the USB after switching on the 12V? Such a crash is more likely if the 12V PSU is plugged into the same mains outlet as the PC. You can also try closing down Pronterface and your web browser after the Duet stops working, then press the "reset" button on the Duet (keep the 12V switched on and make sure you don't press the "erase" button by mistake). Wait 5 seconds and try Pronterface and/or the web interface again.

As another possibility, do you have the 5V jumper installed on the Duet board or not?

If not, the Duet is taking its power from the USB, and it is possible that the 5V current requirement increases when the 12V stepper drivers are powered, which overloads your USB. In that case power the Duet via a USB hub or fit the jumper.

Dave
(#106)
May 09, 2014 10:17AM
Jumper its setI will try later but the machine is out of reach for right now thank you for your helpreporting back at somebodysomeday some day someday sunday for them to

,sorry text to speech displays broken
May 09, 2014 11:18AM
redblunt
Jumper its setI will try later but the machine is out of reach for right now thank you for your helpreporting back at somebodysomeday some day someday sunday for them to
,sorry text to speech displays broken

LOL! You'll have to program it to wreck a nice beach a bit better! Schedule a meat tin with the programmer.

Dave
(#106)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login