Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No. of layers and height not showing correctly

Posted by MrCrispi 
No. of layers and height not showing correctly
May 11, 2014 12:13PM
I am using the current latest version of firmware and web interface (@DC42 version 59 & 0.75 respectively) and all is working splendidly EXCEPT the estimated height of any object I print always shows as 30mm and the number of layers always shows as 125. I assumed it was faulty information being fed from Slic3r (I am using version 1.0.0RC2) but I can't see any cause for the issue there and if I look at the resulting gcode in gcode.ws the number of layers is correct there, so somewhere between slicing and the web interface something has gone awry - anybody seen anything similar and/or can point me in the right direction please?
Re: No. of layers and height not showing correctly
May 11, 2014 12:42PM
MrCrispi, is it showing an estimated end time based on filament used, or not? Can you zip up and attach the gcode file you are trying to print?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 11, 2014 01:04PM
yup - estimated time based on % filament used is all present and correct - lierally everything is fine apart from the estimated height and layer number, which look suspiciously like they are remnants of something long ago printed and now 'stuck"...as requested a sample of the gcode for the last thing I tried printing (which is neither 30mm tall nor has 125 layers!) is attached for reference - thanks for your time and attention

PS - just for completeness, I've also attached a screenshot of my web interface which shows it quite nicely...the only thing that has occurred to me as a possible cause is that I happen to have a gcode at the very end of all my files which lifts the head 30mm up and away from the finished print - co-incidence or cause???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2014 01:28PM by MrCrispi.
Attachments:
open | download - Heatbed_Clip.zip (192.9 KB)
open | download - ScreenShot003.jpg (84.4 KB)
May 11, 2014 05:16PM
The firmware and web server compute the object height by looking for the last G1 Z command in the file. So that gcode at the end of your file explains rhe problem. It's more usual to just move the head out of fhe way to X0 Y0 at the end of fhe print.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 11, 2014 05:36PM
Thanks @DC42 - mystery solved and I'll stop lifting the head at the end then smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login