Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot Home X-Axis

Posted by x4FF3 
Cannot Home X-Axis
May 17, 2014 05:25AM
Hi,

i'm trying to to get my first print. I walked through the complete documentation, did the Bed Plane Compensation etc. But after i edited homez.g (yep homez.g winking smiley) and turned the printer back on, home x won't work. It just runs into the Z-Alu-Extrusion. First i thought it was an issue with the Z-Probe. I tested it by hand with G31-Command, but i get correct readings in my opinion. If the Z-Probe is not above the Home-X-Bar i get readings between 25 and 70. If i push the Z-Probe above the front edge of the Home-X-Bar i get readings between 130 and 200. When i push it above the middle of the Home-X-Bar i get readings above 600. This should be ok?!

I don't get were the problem is.

kind regards
David
Re: Cannot Home X-Axis
May 17, 2014 05:35AM
Hi David, it could be that the reading isn't high enough for it to trigger. When I was using a probe (I use switches now), I had to put a bit of the silver tape on the top of the X-axis probe arm to make it pick it up.
The probe is a wonderful Idea, but allas doesn't work very well, hence why I've changed completely to switches.
If you upload your config.g file, and the homex/z.g files, we can check them for you and make sure they are ok.

Kim

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
May 17, 2014 05:53AM
The trigger point for the X home is the same as the value set for the Z position detection. So if you have that set for say 700 then the X won't trigger unless you either increase the reflection as suggested or use one of the little x position finger extensions in white which also have the benefit of moving the X=0 position in to a more meaningful position.
May 17, 2014 06:02AM
Hi,

i put a piece of paper on X-Axis probe arm, now it worked and i got it printing the ormaxis.g smiling smiley i hope my first print will turn out well smiling smiley i will upload my g-files when the print is finished.

kind regards
David

PS.: After this incredible fun, i think i go probeless winking smiley
May 17, 2014 06:25AM
As you see there is a lot of discussion around the reliability of the probe. It works for some but many have problems with it, particularly if the lighting conditions around the printer are variable with sunlight or incandescent lighting being particularly problematic.

I did one of the early mods on the standard probe to make it modulated so that it subtracts off the background light like in the replacement dc42 probe assembly. This is supported by the dc42 firmware and gives me results repeatable to within 0.05mm despite being close to a window, but this also relies on having a stable bed as well which is well covered in many topics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login