Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder feed rate stopping print?

Posted by M3832 
Extruder feed rate stopping print?
May 20, 2014 03:07PM
Hey!
I just updated the Slicer-settings, which I had previously missed. It may be what caused my earlier problems, I don't know because a new problem just arose.
The printer won't print at all now. After comparing some old g-code files and some new ones I found that the problem is when the feed says 3600 for the extruder motor. If it says 1800 then everything is peachy! It only says 1800 for the standard test pieces that's already on the SD-card.
When it says 3600 the printer just stops when it runs into that command line, which it of course does when starting the print. It then just locks up and becomes unresponsive and I need to hit reset. I'm just using the Ormerod 0.5 settings...
Why might this be? I just updated all of my firmware, and updated all the files on my SD-card.

If I manually replace every F3600 for the extruder with F1800 it does print, though I get funky results.
Re: Extruder feed rate stopping print?
May 20, 2014 03:12PM
What firmware are you using in the Duet?

Dave
(#106)
May 20, 2014 03:21PM
065e
May 21, 2014 07:03AM
Could you edit one of your problem files so that it has only the first 30 or so lines. Check that the edited file causes the problem on your printer, and then post that file here. If nobody can see any problem in the G code, we can try to reproduce your issue. Meanwhile you could try downloading dc42's latest firmware and see if that exhibits the same issue. (Try the one here that I am using - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com])

Dave
(#106)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 07:05AM by dmould.
May 27, 2014 07:36PM
Hey everyone, hope you don't mind me jumping in on this - I'm experiencing this exact problem and haven't been able to find any other threads with similar issues. I'm also running 065e and the printer locks up after the initial positive extrude command (G1 E2.400 F3600.00) is complete, this is my assumption anyway based off the head position reported by the web interface (see attached “Ormerod Fail Location.jpg). So far this happens on any code generated by Slic3r (v1.0.1 w/ Ormerod-0.5 settings) as M3832 mentions. The shortened code I've attached is the beginnings of iamburny’s “y-belt-clamp-v7” I’ll try dc42’s latest firmware as suggested and let you know how that goes.

Thanks!

Carl

UPDATE: I flashed dc42's firmware and had no issues printing the same file that would fail on 065e. Unfortunately I'm completely new to RepRaps and don't know nearly enough to speculate where the difference is - time to do more research!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2014 10:41PM by MidwestSunset.
Attachments:
open | download - ybeltv7.g (1.5 KB)
open | download - Ormerod Fail Location.jpg (160.4 KB)
May 28, 2014 10:08AM
Sounds like a firmware bug - I suggest you use DC42's firmware

Dave
(#106)
May 28, 2014 10:36AM
^What Dave said.. dc42's firmware and iamburny's web interface makes the printer so much cooler!
May 28, 2014 10:43AM
Thanks for reporting this, we're just looking at this issue ourselves with 0.65e. I think it has been introduced by the new code - it doesn't effect 0.57a, and bizarrely doesn't effect the newer development firmware. I'm not quite sure why we didn't spot this in testing, sorry.

The quick work around is to reduce the retraction speed (set it to 30mm/s rather than 60mm/s, which will give the F1800 feed rate). Hopefully we'll have a proper fix very soon.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login