Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New experimental firmware 0.59c-dc42 and web interface 0.79

Posted by dc42 
Re: New experimental firmware 0.59c-dc42 and web interface 0.79
May 26, 2014 05:33PM
dc42

I forgot to mention that I changed to -O3 for both the C++ and the C compiler. I guess you did that too.

Thanks for running those timing tests. Since -O3 is slightly faster than -O2 and at present there is plenty of free space, I'll stick with -O3 for now.

Yes. Those results were with the optimise changed on both C and C++
May 28, 2014 10:43AM
Hi DC42,

I have loaded your firmware and works perfect. It solved all my problems regarding USB printing.

Thank very much.
Abel.
May 28, 2014 01:00PM
Thanks for the feedback Abel, I'm glad it solved the problem.

You might like to try the web interface, it's much nicer than Pronterface and the upload speed to SD card is higher. The one to use with my firmware is at [github.com].

I am aware of one minor bug, which is that the code used to find the object height and filament used when printing a file from SD card (and hence provide the estimated end time) works if the file extension on the SD card is .gcode, .gco or .gc, but not if it is .g. This will be fixed in my next firmware release.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 29, 2014 08:51AM
Hi David,
I'm back home with my printer.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I have loaded your latest firmware 0.59c and interface 0.80.
Started the printer from cold set the bed temp to 65 and I noticed that the hot end fan was coming on and off as the bed temperature increased but stayed off after the bed reached about 30 degrees.
When I set the hot end temp the fan switched on at about 48 degrees at the hot end. This is what I expect so everything seems to be working OK.

So perhaps the hot end fan starting and stopping when no power should be applied is not really a problem, just strange.

Paul

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
May 29, 2014 09:33AM
Paul, I presume you are using one of my hot end boards. I can think of two possible explanations:

1. If the extruder temperature was very low when you started, the board may have sensed a possibly-disconnected thermistor. In this case, the fan will come on. Heat from the bed and/or the fan running may raise the temperature over the threshold, and the fan will then go off.

2. Extra resistance in the +3.3V supply line (which arrives via the pink or red lead in the sensor loom) will cause the possibly-disconnected indication to trigger at higher than normal temperatures. It will also cause the fan to come on at a higher temperature than intended. You say that the fan came on at 48C, but it should be nearer 41C. So I suspect that this is the problem. You might want to inspect the crimp connections on that wire.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 30, 2014 05:29AM
David,

Just to update you.

No panic, Today the fan did not come on, it must just have been a problem because the ormerod had not been switched on for 3 weeks and the room temperature was below normal.

Paul

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login