Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many printed parts/BOM

Posted by Olnk 
How many printed parts/BOM
May 26, 2014 04:01PM
Hi All,

I'm considering building an Ormerod and as I currently have access to a 3D printer (for a limited time) I think I'll print a set of parts. Following the links from the Reprappro site I found the stl's at Github but I couldn't find the number needed of each part. Now I could go through all build instructions and take notes (which in itself is probably a interesting exercise) but maybe there's a list around? Or is it as simple as 'one of each'...?

Additionally, any pointers to useful information on building an Ormerod (outside of this forum and the Reprappro site) are definitely appreciated!

Cheers, Olaf
Re: How many printed parts/BOM
May 26, 2014 04:58PM
Off the top of my head, I don't think you need more than one of each printed part. [EDIT: I forgot about the bearing clamps, see the other replies.]

I recommend that you also print Matt's y-belt mounting posts and my spacers to adjust the y-belt tension. See [github.com].

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2014 04:37AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 26, 2014 05:47PM
You just need two of the Y bearing clamp for the Y carriage. Everything else should be one each.
May 26, 2014 05:50PM
I think there are two times the Z axis clamp as well.
May 26, 2014 06:03PM
May 27, 2014 02:49AM
iamburny started compiling a parts list here (There are different category links right at the bottom)

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
May 27, 2014 03:07AM
Thanks!

I'll do some more studying on the PLA versus ABS topic and start heating up the nozzles grinning smiley

Olaf
May 27, 2014 06:22AM
For some parts, PLA should be better because it is stiffer. Then there are a lot of parts where it shouldn't really matter, and one or two where ABS would be better due to higher temperature resistance. That goes for at least the nozzle mount (that sits between the cooling block and the x carriage).
May 27, 2014 08:01AM
jstck
... ABS would be better due to higher temperature resistance. That goes for at least the nozzle mount (that sits between the cooling block and the x carriage).

..and the x carriage, or bearing be gone - Like a rat out of an aqueduct

Erik
May 27, 2014 09:33AM
The extruder is also better printed in ABS if you are going to do ABS printing, because it sits over the bed and so gets pretty hot during a long ABS print.

Dave
(#106)
May 29, 2014 11:27AM
Thanks for the additional info. I'll print a mix of ABS and PLA parts, some upgrades and just go from there.

Olaf
May 29, 2014 01:14PM
take a look here b4 puting it together.
[reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login