No, sorry this was with 0.65e

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: New firmware 0.65e-dc42 and web interface 0.90
June 10, 2014 05:00PM
Paul, I just tried that print using 0.57f. There are a couple of things wrong with your custom gcode in slic3r:

* The T1 command should come before the M104 command, so that the M104 command heats up the correct extruder.

* Your layer height line needs a semicolon and a space at the start.

With these fixed, when I print your file it displays the correct layer height and calculates 25 layers. Without, it tried to extrude cold and it calculated 21 layers because I have the default layer height set at 0.24mm.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 10, 2014 05:21PM
Paul, the print finished, but not before I noticed it was double-counting layers. Looks like it must be a bug in the web interface. I'll see what I can find.

Here's the print. Your hot end settings are a few degrees higher than I normally use.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 10, 2014 05:25PM
Mystery solved. You have this command near the end of the file:

G1 Z5 F200 ; move Z up 5mm

As this is the last G1 Z command in the file, the firmware and web interface think the object height is 5mm, whereas it is really 10mm. If you want to move the head up at the end of the print, try using G0 instead of G1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2014 05:26PM by dc42.

June 10, 2014 06:29PM
David, Are you sure you are not a world famous detective!!!

Thank you for chasing down my mistakes, I can go on holiday without any worries now.

looking forward to having a reliable height sensing system when I get back.

kind regards
Paul

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
June 30, 2014 09:10AM
Hmm, I must have overlooked something......

Running: Duet Firmware: 0.65j-dc42 with reprap.htm: 0.95

I can not control the extruder temp in the web interface, and neither can the Slic3r g-files (Bed control is ok)
first I would think a wire got off, but I have double checked and did control it 5 min. before upgrading the firmware...
Sending T1 and stuff like M104 S190 changes nothing.
Please respond anyone with ideas to what i missed or how to confirm proper functionality of heater (duet,wires).
Thanks

My Config.g:
; RepRapPro Ormerod
; Standard configuration G Codes
M111 S0; Debug on
M550 PIS3Dprinter; Set the machine's name
M551 Preprap; Set the password
M552 P192.168.11.133; Set the IP address
M553 P255.255.255.0; Set netmask
M554 P192.168.11.1; Set the gateway
M555 P2; Emulate Marlin USB output
M92 E416; Set extruder steps/mm
G21 ; Work in mm
G90 ; Absolute positioning
M83 ; Extrusions relative
M558 P1 ; Turn Z Probe on
G31 Z1.0 P275 ; Set Z probe height and threshold
M906 X800 Y800 Z800 E800 ; Motor currents (mA)
T1 ; Select extruder 1
M557 P0 X49 Y0
M557 P1 X49 Y180
M557 P2 X220 Y180
M557 P3 X220 Y0

Thank you dc42 for you wonderful work, I've used you previous versions with great satisfaction.

Ps. alongside this problem I do have some glitches with the web interface not always loading completely and "close" button not appearing after some uploads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2014 09:23AM by SlinBin.
June 30, 2014 02:43PM
hey guys
one more problem with me:

long story short. i bought a new sd card
upgraded to the latest version of dcs firmware
and webinterface. ran it software seems good.

first print over webterminal: print started imidiatly
without heating. the extruder cried. started the
print again over pronterface same result.
preheated bed and extruder: pooping out mountains of plastic

anyone came along that problem ?
did i slice wrong with the new firmware?
before with my kinda broken sdcard it worked

best regards

moritz

Red Ormerod No. 281

Mods:
-My Bedsupport Mk2
-My upper z mount
-Davek0974s Aluminium X-Rib
-iamburnys Z Gears
-Form232-teks Cthulhu cooling ductg
-MasonStonehenges spring-loaded extruder

RepRapFirmware-0.78k-dc42,
web interface 0.99, Win7
June 30, 2014 04:27PM
redblunt
first print over webterminal: print started imidiatly
without heating. the extruder cried.

See the very first post in this thread.

June 30, 2014 04:33PM
SlinBin
Running: Duet Firmware: 0.65j-dc42 with reprap.htm: 0.95

I can not control the extruder temp in the web interface, and neither can the Slic3r g-files (Bed control is ok)

It very much sounds like a T0 vs. T1 or G10 P1 vs. G10 P0 issue. Please go to the Settings page in the web interface and confirm that it says you really are running 0.65j-dc42 and web interface 0.95.

Any slic3r gcode files that you previously generated will need to be modified, to change T0 to T1 and to put this command before the G109 command that slic3r generates to set the extruder temperature. See the first post in this thread about changing the slic3r start gcode.

July 01, 2014 08:54AM
dc42
It very much sounds like a T0 vs. T1 or G10 P1 vs. G10 P0 issue. Please go to the Settings page in the web interface and confirm that it says you really are running 0.65j-dc42 and web interface 0.95.

Any slic3r gcode files that you previously generated will need to be modified, to change T0 to T1 and to put this command before the G109 command that slic3r generates to set the extruder temperature. See the first post in this thread about changing the slic3r start gcode.

Thank you for looking into this.

I did copy (firmware version and webinterface) directly from the webinterface settings page (0.65j-dc42 and web interface 0.95) so yes I am sure these are the versions.
Today i tried flashing the firmware and erasing the SD-card 3 times (with respectively the webinterface in your sd-card-image folder and with and without 0.95 added) ==> same result (everything else than extruder temp appear to work)
Im now trying with the official setup (Duet firmware 0.65e and web 0.65 (in this official setup T1 is also in the config.g) ==> same result (everything else than extruder temp appear to work)

Ps. I am aware of the changes I need to make in slic3r, but currently i cant even control the extruder temp from the interface (so I will address slic3r when I got this setteled). NOT SO (see update)

UPDATE (partly solved) thumbs up
Just for the fun I tried printing anyway with 0.65j-dc42 and web interface 0.95 (bed starts heating before hotend) but hey, then the hotend also starts after a while, all appear to print as intended (I paste g-code here).
BUT when the print finish I can still not operate the hotend temperature from the web interface.

So it would appear my printer is working as intended but not my web-interface, if I get the time I should properly try with pronterface (never used this before, always relied on you web-interface ;-)

Slic3r "Start G-code":
G21 ; set units to millimeters
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M83 ; use relative distances for extrusion
T1; Select extruder
M140 S60; Set bed temperature
G1 Z5 F200 ; lift nozzle
G1 X2 Y50 F2000; Go to wait for warm position
M116; Wait for all temperatures
G10 P1 S195 R0 ; Set extruder temperature

Effective start G-code from working print:
; generated by Slic3r 1.0.0RC3 on 2014-07-01 at 12:43:51
; layer_height = 0.24
; perimeters = 3
; ...........
M107
M104 S195 ; set temperature
T1; Select extruder
M140 S60; Set bed temperature
G1 Z5 F200 ; lift nozzle
G10 P1 S195 R0 ; Set extruder temperature
M109 S195 ; wait for temperature to be reached
G1 Z0.240 F7800.000
G................
July 01, 2014 09:15AM
Hi SlinBin, thanks for persevering with this

1. Can you confirm that in the Settings page, both reprap.htm and reprap.js are showing as version 0.95? Also that you copied all the web files over to the SD card into the appropriate directories, including the new bootstrap-slider js and css files?

2. If you do control-shift-J to get the Javascript console in Chrome, does it show any errors?

3. Does the extruder heat up if you send T1 and then e.g. M104 S100 using the Send Gcode box in the web interface?

4. When the extruder won't heat up, does it show a reasonable temperature e.g. close to room temperature?

5. Regarding not being able to control the hot end after the print finishes, that could be partly due to your end gcode in your slic3r files - what end gcode do you have?

July 01, 2014 09:21AM
PS - in your gcode at the start of the slic3r file:

M107
T1; Select extruder

The T1 command is after the M104 command, therefore the M104 command will have no effect unless you execute T1 first. But the M109 command that comes later should set the correct extruder temperature and wait anyway. The net effect is that unless you execute T1 before printing, when you print a file the bed will be heated to temperature, and only then will the extruder be heated. Which is what I do anyway.

Overall, it sounds as if the T1 command in config.g is not being executed.

July 02, 2014 09:33AM
dc42
1. Can you confirm that in the Settings page, both reprap.htm and reprap.js are showing as version 0.95? Also that you copied all the web files over to the SD card into the appropriate directories, including the new bootstrap-slider js and css files?
2. If you do control-shift-J to get the Javascript console in Chrome, does it show any errors?
3. Does the extruder heat up if you send T1 and then e.g. M104 S100 using the Send Gcode box in the web interface?
4. When the extruder won't heat up, does it show a reasonable temperature e.g. close to room temperature?
5. Regarding not being able to control the hot end after the print finishes, that could be partly due to your end gcode in your slic3r files - what end gcode do you have?

1. Yes confirmed, I copied/replaced the hole SD card image from your github (connected and got only a non working loginpage ??????????) then copied the 0.95 directory (also github) into the www folder (connected and got the webinterface), I just did this again to confirm. but please inform/correct, is this the right way ?
2. From the JAVA console I get no information.
3. No
4. Yes
5. G-code end-code is:
G1 X2 Y190; park the machine
M0; stop

Regarding your next post:
In my Start-G-code only the gray is in the settings of Slic3r, the rest is put in the file by Slic3r when I export (could I prevent Slic3r from putting in the M104 by placing a M104 myselt in the Start-G-code after T1 ?), (tried this manually; no change)
M107
T1; Select extruder

Actually today I can still not control the hotend temperature (as yesterday) but I am also not able to print (as I could yesterday.....
It would appear as I either have no power to heat the hotend or T1 is being ignored (Ive placed it 3 times in config.g start/mid/end, but no !), is there a way I can tell the duet to put all heaters on (to see if it works unrelated to its respective sensor) ?

best regards

UPDATE:
been messing with printing g-files, at one point the hotend heated up (just to the max setting of 195 and then when down again while still printing the first layer), and now i can not reproduce it..... was not touching the printer before or after that successful test and those unsucesful arround it, thinking it is not a loose wire, then again; what else can it be ?

UPDATE 2:
Pronterface gives the same result (can control movements and bed temp but not hotend)
G10 P(number of heater) R0 S(some temp); same effect as above (0 is bed, 1 or 2 gives no result)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 08:00PM by SlinBin.
July 02, 2014 12:51PM
If you include any extruder temperature setting command in your start code, Slic3r will not add its own command.

Here is my start code:

M203 X6000 Y6000 Z500 E3000 ; Allow 100mm/s speeds
G1 Z5 F200 ; lift nozzle
M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; Set bed heater
M116 ; Wait for everything (Bed temp)
T1; Select extruder
M104 S[first_layer_temperature]
M116; Wait for extruder temp as well

NOTE: This is exactly what is in the start code - Slic3r will substitute the required temperatures in place of the variable names in square brackets.
If you want the extruder to heat immediately, cut out the first M116 command - but there is little point in heating the plastic before the bed has got to temperature.

Dave
(#106)
July 03, 2014 08:01AM
REQUEST !

Can anybody guide me as how to tell the Duet to turn on the heater by direct control over USB via Arduino software (without using any onboard software/firmware) ?
I would love to make this test to rule out problems with the board/wiring

Kind regards
Ps. maybe this is not the right thread for this question, sorry
July 03, 2014 08:21AM
SlinBin
REQUEST !

Can anybody guide me as how to tell the Duet to turn on the heater by direct control over USB via Arduino software (without using any onboard software/firmware) ?
I would love to make this test to rule out problems with the board/wiring

It can't be done. You need some sort of firmware running on the Duet to read from the USB port and to tell the heater to turn on.

July 03, 2014 08:38AM
Thank you for clarifying.
How about an Arduino sketch to turn on the heater port (some initialising and a port number), and then i can turn it off by the PSU if it should work ?
July 03, 2014 11:53AM
UPDATE:
Sorry for the "hijacking" of this thread, my problem is NOT related to DC42s firmware or web-interface tongue sticking out smiley
But related to bad plugs on the pins connecting my hotend wires on the duet board (very suprising considering that there are to for + and 2 for -, so both of one kind must have been pluged in but unconnected).
Thank you for looking into my problem
Sorry if I created confusion in the thread and especially if I did about DC42 fine brilliant work.
I am happy printing with 0.65j-dc42 and 0.95 grinning smiley (
July 03, 2014 12:06PM
SlinBin
But related to bad plugs on the pins connecting my hotend wires on the duet board (very suprising considering that there are to for + and 2 for -, so both of one kind must have been pluged in but unconnected).
Thank you for looking into my problem
Sorry if I created confusion in the thread and especially if I did about DC42 fine brilliant work.
I am happy printing with 0.65j-dc42 and 0.95 grinning smiley (

I'm glad you got it working. I've had problems with those crimp header sockets even though I use a ratchet crimp tool and even when they look OK. So when I ship my hot end boards with the extra white control wire to connect to the Duet, I always test that crimp connection with a meter before I ship the kit.

You might want to check for continuity between those 4 header pin sockets with a multimeter. Perhaps one of them is open-circuit and another one is intermittent.You could also check that the soldered joints to those header pins on the back of the Duet board look OK.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login