Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot start motors and heaters anymore..

Posted by 5Dlaser 
Cannot start motors and heaters anymore..
June 09, 2014 06:36PM
Hi guys, I went into trouble this evening. I update the firmware to reprap065e, updated SD cards, connected Pronterface, set X, Y to home and all was ok. I tried out to set up heat bed at 110°, but when I commit it on pronterface heat bed, fan, & motors shut down. After ome powering on and off, they newly went on, New zero setting, new set for head bed and new, definitve shut down. There are 12V on green connectore, Duet answers correctly to M105 and M503 command. Tried also to unconnect heat bed and hot end, leaking only motors... nothing. Thermal probes are OK when connected...How could I detect the failure?
Help me please...

PS: last trial was to update to 065f-dc42...
PS2: voltage eadings on pin 1 and 3 of expansion connector: 4.59 and 3.21 with USB cable connected. No voltage without USB... and pin 9 is in place. Changed USB Port to one labelled as powered with same results.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 07:02PM by 5Dlaser.
Re: Cannot start motors and heaters anymore..
June 09, 2014 07:20PM
Two possibilities occur to me:

1. Your ATX power supply could be shutting down. If so then the PSU fan will also stop turning. It may be that your ATX power supply is just tired (I think I have read about other people having that problem), or it is could be that you have a short across the heated bed. Check that the aluminium heat spreader isn't shorting the bed heater PCB terminals.

2. You could have a poor 12V power connection, which is good enough to supply the fan current but not the heated bed current. In this case, the PSU fan will still turn. Check that the 4 screw terminals that carry 12V power from the ATX board to the Duet are still tight.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 09, 2014 07:33PM
Thanks a lot! PSU fan is still running at low speed. Think there are no short in heat bed connections, I found out one of the screw of the green terminal a bit loose, may be it was that. Connected the four motors, they are OK. Now I go on on recommissiong the heaters. I keep you informed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 07:34PM by 5Dlaser.
June 09, 2014 07:55PM
All newly commisioned, also heaters are running.... Two evenings lost on a damnes screw... Thanks a lot for the support!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 07:56PM by 5Dlaser.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login