Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Experimental firmware 0.78a-dc42

Posted by dc42 
Re: Experimental firmware 0.78a-dc42
January 24, 2015 12:30PM
It worked fine before when I was using an older version of the firmware 0.64 I think.... Or something, it's been some months since I last updated it. But the update seemed to take me 3 steps back again.
January 24, 2015 01:33PM
It is the x axis sorry, always get them mixed up. It does something like this (see link - youtube example). The fan and extruder keep on moving in one direction and not recognising the end limits of the x axis like it did on previous firmware that I was using.

[youtu.be]

Why does this happen?
January 24, 2015 02:39PM
Does it move towards the Y motor, or away from it? Is the Y endstop LED on the Duet illuminated, or not?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 24, 2015 04:36PM
Sorry, it wasn't y- it was x. I have just changed my blue z homing wire as directed when you upgrade to 0.78 and it looked like it worked. It's now stopped working again. Working like the link in the YouTube video I posted previously
January 24, 2015 04:45PM
Is the X axis moving the wrong way? My firmware is set up assuming the X motor loom is plugged into the Duet the same way round as the other motor looms, just as it is on Ormerod 2. Alternatively, there is a command you can add to config.g to reverse the direction.

Caution: turn the power off before reversing the motor loom connector.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 25, 2015 06:19AM
It appears to be doing that, when I home x the axis/ hot end moves towards the x motor and continues moving. There is no trigger for it to stop and it keeps on skipping. I think the vibrations have also loosened a connection because whenever I tried to flash other firmware and get the printer functioning like I had before I get "t b 24.4" continuously come up on pronterface.
January 25, 2015 06:46AM
Ecko
I think the vibrations have also loosened a connection because whenever I tried to flash other firmware and get the printer functioning like I had before I get "t b 24.4" continuously come up on pronterface.

That sounds to me like an SD card problem, or else you are missing the M552 P2 command in config.g. If config.g is not being read at startup, this would also explain the homing issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2015 06:46AM by dc42.

January 25, 2015 07:40AM
It must be a card problem like you said, because I have just tested the connections on my thermistor - they are both connected. I did have the x motor reversed (oops, but I remember I did that for my previous firmware in order to get that working).

Where can I get a decent config g example, I am flooded with all the new ones for 0.78+ which have so much more in them than my previous config g (more similar to the original config g file).
January 25, 2015 08:06AM
here is the config g i am using. there is no M552 P2, there is a M555 P2 though...
thank you for helping dc, i have no idea why i am getting these issues all of a sudden, the config g is as you had in your github download (apart from i changed my ip address.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2.4 KB)
January 25, 2015 02:58PM
Just tired reading the sd card using the arduino interface - it says can't open 0:/sys/config.g to read, error code 4 configuration file not found. I typed in m305.
What am I doing wrong here?
January 25, 2015 05:31PM
It sounds like either you need a new SD card, or the SD card socket in the Duet has failed. One of my SD cards failed after I pushed it sideways too hard.

January 25, 2015 06:06PM
my SD card slot has failed i think... I have sent an email to RRP after buying a new SD, and trying to find out what went wrong - What a long weekend! hope the card is still in warranty as i bought it last year (it csnt be that easy for a card holder to fail?).
January 25, 2015 06:07PM
January 26, 2015 07:35AM
Maybe examine the card socket under a magnifying glass and see whether you can see any missing solder joints. Many of the early Duet boards had missing solder. These boards can work OK for a long while because the contacts are touching the PCB pads, but as there is no solder contact will usually be lost sooner or later. It's not too difficult to solder an SMD leg with a fine soldering iron, but don't try it unless you have had some experience with soldering.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login