Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot End Not Turning On

Posted by itwbaer 
Hot End Not Turning On
July 14, 2014 09:38PM
When I try to turn on my hot end in pronterface, it says "Setting hotend temperature to 100.000000 degrees Celsius. Setting temperature: no tool selected." Is this most likely due to unconnected wires (poor crimping)?

Also, for my temperature readings, I get, for example "T:B: 22.5" But should it be something like "T: 22.5 B: 22.5"? Does this mean my thermistor wiring is not connected right as well? My fan is running though. Thanks for the help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 09:39PM by itwbaer.
Re: Hot End Not Turning On
July 15, 2014 02:15AM
Without going into a lot of detail - try typing the command "T1" to the printer. Then set and check the temperatures again.

Your fault is likely because no (extruder) tool is selected. If it works, wiring faults are ruled out.

Putting the "T1" in your config.g should solve the problem.

:-) Carsten
July 15, 2014 04:35AM
Hi

Have you just upgraded to the 078 release?

If so you need to read the news feed on the RepRapPro blog ReRapPro Blog point 2.

I think you have not defined a tool, there are none defined by default and your old config.g will not have the new G-Codes, so you need to add the following in your config.g

M563 P1 D0 H1 ; Define tool 1 to use extruder drive 0 and heater 1 (heater 0 is the hot bed)
G10 P1 S0 R0 ; Set tool 1 operating and standby temperatures

I was not getting temp readings until I did this.
You should probably check all your homeing files as well to make sure they are still compatible.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 04:38AM by ezwul.
July 15, 2014 12:21PM
ezwul

I think you have not defined a tool, there are none defined by default and your old config.g will not have the new G-Codes, so you need to add the following in your config.g

M563 P1 D0 H1 ; Define tool 1 to use extruder drive 0 and heater 1 (heater 0 is the hot bed)
G10 P1 S0 R0 ; Set tool 1 operating and standby temperatures

I was not getting temp readings until I did this.
You should probably check all your homeing files as well to make sure they are still compatible.

This did the trick! Thank you so much for the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login