Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reminder for new owners: Better Z-probe/fan control/hot end illumination board

Posted by dc42 
Re: Reminder for new owners: Better Z-probe/fan control/hot end illumination board
March 27, 2015 04:46AM
dougal1957
dc42
Today I flow-soldered a small batch of single nozzle hot end boards, and I expect to finish and test them tomorrow. So I am sending PayPal payment requests to those who I know are waiting for them.

PCBs for the dual nozzle boards were ordered last Monday, and I expect to be shipping the completed boards the week after next. I will send the PayPal requests for those nearer the time.

Dave

Have you sent the invoices out yet as I haven't got mine for the Single board and PanelDue.

Doug

I'm just about to do it now.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Reminder for new owners: Better Z-probe/fan control/hot end illumination board
March 27, 2015 04:47AM
jeffreyb1004
Hi dc,
Sorry I'm late to the party, but do you happen to have one more available for me? a single nozzle board is adequate for now.

Yes, of course. Please read [forums.reprap.org] and send me the information I request at the bottom via PM.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

March 27, 2015 05:26AM
dc42
dougal1957
dc42
Today I flow-soldered a small batch of single nozzle hot end boards, and I expect to finish and test them tomorrow. So I am sending PayPal payment requests to those who I know are waiting for them.

PCBs for the dual nozzle boards were ordered last Monday, and I expect to be shipping the completed boards the week after next. I will send the PayPal requests for those nearer the time.

Dave

Have you sent the invoices out yet as I haven't got mine for the Single board and PanelDue.

Doug

I'm just about to do it now.

Done!!thumbs up
March 27, 2015 05:38PM
fotomas
Not a good video but still, it shows an Ormerod 2 probing with DC42's sensor board.

http://youtu.be/Pe0IdH40pkM
wow that is some fast probing Thomas,Did you modify your config file or does this come with DC's firmware and probe? i am still using my Ormerod 2 original probe and think to Change to DC's soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 05:40PM by Darathy.
March 27, 2015 06:17PM
My firmware fork does each probe in two phases: a fast phase until the Z probe reading is close to the target, and a slow phase for the last little bit. I'd love to say that you need my Z probe board for this, but in reality it works with the standard RRP probe too.

If you want even faster probing, your bed is reasonable level, and you are using my firmware fork (version 1.00e or later), you can use the H parameter in the M558 command to reduce the dive height from its default 5mm to something smaller. Or perhaps Tomas has already done that!

March 28, 2015 02:38AM
It is just modified speeds in the homing and bed files and max speed in config.g
March 28, 2015 03:22PM
Dave

Thank's v-Much for the Z-Probe arrived safely this morning super quick service!

Just one question when used on a delta where would it be connected on the Duet I have the 3.3V and Ground sussed but what about the actual trigger connection's?

Doug
March 28, 2015 06:02PM
dougal1957
Just one question when used on a delta where would it be connected on the Duet I have the 3.3V and Ground sussed but what about the actual trigger connection's?

Exactly the same as on an Ormerod running 0.78 or later firmware. See [reprappro.com] for the Ormerod 1 wiring. At the sensor board, red goes to the pin marked +3.3V, black goes to Gnd, and blue goes to Out. You can leave the In terminal unconnected, as I can't think you will need to use the simple modulated mode.

March 28, 2015 06:21PM
dc42
dougal1957

Exactly the same as on an Ormerod running 0.78 or later firmware. See [reprappro.com] for the Ormerod 1 wiring. At the sensor board, red goes to the pin marked +3.3V, black goes to Gnd, and blue goes to Out. You can leave the In terminal unconnected, as I can't think you will need to use the simple modulated mode.

Cheers for that I was looking at the O2 docs which suggested using the X Stops which obviously is in use for an endstop already.

Will update the Delta Forum with the details once I get it all up and working.

Morning's tasks are to print the sensor bracket and the enclosure for the 5inch Panel get them fitted replace the faulty SSR and start calibrating again.

Doug
March 30, 2015 01:16PM
All orders for single-nozzle board have now been shipped. I am now out of stock of them, but I can make another 4 fairly quickly.

The PCBs for the 2-nozzle boards have taken slightly longer than usual, but they are now showing as complete and ready to send to me. I expect them to take about a week to get here. So my current estimate for availability of the first of the new batch of 2-nozzle boards is the end of next week.

April 14, 2015 06:24AM
For those who are waiting for the dual-nozzle boards, there has been a delay. The boards took longer to arrive than usual (3 weeks instead of 2), and when they did get here I discovered that I had made an error when ordering them. So I ordered new ones yesterday, which should arrive 2-3 weeks from now.

Please accept my apologies for the delay. I have 4 of the original single-nozzle PCBs left, but currently only 1 order. If I get another order, then I will make 4 single-nozzle boards as I have all the necessary parts already.

I also have prototype PCBs for a very small version of my differential IR sensor on the way. These are intended for Delta printers and contain just the sensor - no illumination, fan control, or hot end on indication.

April 14, 2015 08:32AM
Dave

I'm up for one of the Small boards once you have them ready?

Doug
Just sent a PM for a single nozzle! grinning smiley
dc42
I also have prototype PCBs for a very small version of my differential IR sensor on the way. These are intended for Delta printers and contain just the sensor - no illumination, fan control, or hot end on indication.

I'm possibly interested in one of these, do you have any drawings?

Mark
April 14, 2015 12:27PM
FatFreddie
dc42

Mark

No drawings, but here is an image of the board layout. The height is 19mm and the width is 24mm. The bottom edge needs to be between 1mm and 2mm higher than the tip of the nozzle. The fixing holes near the top are 2.8mm diameter. The connections near the top will take a 3-pin Molex connector, or flying leads.

April 16, 2015 05:42AM
dc42
FatFreddie
dc42

Mark

No drawings, but here is an image of the board layout. The height is 19mm and the width is 24mm. The bottom edge needs to be between 1mm and 2mm higher than the tip of the nozzle. The fixing holes near the top are 2.8mm diameter. The connections near the top will take a 3-pin Molex connector, or flying leads.

[attachment 52831 DeltaLEDBoard.png]

will you share a schematic for your ir probe? Looks like the right thing for my bipolar printer.
April 16, 2015 05:49AM
I'll publish the schematic for the delta board when it is in production. But it's similar to the sensor part of my Ormerod hot end board, which you can find at [github.com].

What is a bipolar printer?

April 16, 2015 05:55AM
dc42
I'll publish the schematic for the delta board when it is in production. But it's similar to the sensor part of my Ormerod hot end board, which you can find at [github.com].

Okay I will wait for it or maybe you could tell my what attiny it's gonna use?

Se this post for my first prototype, i'am in the process with the next prototype. [forums.reprap.org]
My single-nozzle board arrived last week but i was not able to put it on my printer, im to busy this past few days. Last night i had the time to work on it and the upgrade went well (thanx to the clear guide DC42) except for the config.g and homingall.g modifications. But i manage to get it working drinking smiley. I already tested it and i was amazed how it improves the auto bed compensation of ormerod2. Thanx DC42, the upgrade is worth for the cost. Chears smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 05:55AM by xozip_neutron.
dc42
Looks good - put me down for one when they're ready.

Mark
April 16, 2015 07:35AM
Kenzu
dc42

Attiny45.

Kenzu
Se this post for my first prototype, i'am in the process with the next prototype. [forums.reprap.org]

Looks interesting, you appear to move the head in an arc across the platform, and rotate the platform. What firmware are you using to drive it?

April 16, 2015 07:57AM
dc42
Kenzu
dc42

Attiny45.

--- Thanks

Kenzu

Looks interesting, you appear to move the head in an arc across the platform, and rotate the platform. What firmware are you using to drive it?

A the moment i use a Marlin port, but think i will move to Teacup becuase of size and speed. I don't need LCD and all the other smart features in marlin, only basic stepper control. All the other smart features I run on a wifi module with openwrt. (Part of my own electronics)
DC42, What do think is the problem with this? i always receive this error message when ever i start printing.

06:29:42 Error: Triangle interpolation: point outside all triangles!
06:29:32 Error: Triangle interpolation: point outside all triangles!
06:29:31 File [plate 3.gcode] sent to print
06:29:17 Bed equation fits points [25.0, 10.0, 1.701] [25.0, 190.0, 1.694] [200.0, 190.0, 1.009] [200.0, 10.0, 0.947] [100.0, 100.0, 1.840]
April 17, 2015 04:53AM
Those messages appear when you have 5-point bed compensation set up and you home the printer. You may get one for homing the X axis, and another for homing the Y axis (or if you use the simultaneous XY homing that my firmware fork supports, you should get at most one). They are harmless, provided that after getting them you home the Z axis. You are probably doing a G28 in your start gcode, so X and Y get homed and then Z. If you were to home X and/or Y but not Z, then there would be a small height error at the end.

I'll look at getting rid if these messages in my fork of the firmware.

dc42
You are probably doing a G28 in your start gcode, so X and Y get homed and then Z. If you were to home X and/or Y but not Z, then there would be a small height error at the end.

I see, Thank you for that info DC42. So does it mean that when ever i did 5 point leveling and do homing x/y, i also need to home z? What would happen if i did not home z( assuming i did not use G28)?
April 17, 2015 03:05PM
xozip_neutron
dc42
You are probably doing a G28 in your start gcode, so X and Y get homed and then Z. If you were to home X and/or Y but not Z, then there would be a small height error at the end.

I see, Thank you for that info DC42. So does it mean that when ever i did 5 point leveling and do homing x/y, i also need to home z? What would happen if i did not home z( assuming i did not use G28)?

What I speculate would happen is that bed compensation would not be applied to the x/y homing move if the triangle interpolation message is reported, and the Z height would therefore be in error by the amount of bed compensation that should have been applied.

April 19, 2015 06:01AM
I have reflow soldered, programmed and part tested the last batch of original single-nozzle boards, and sent out the PayPal payment requests for the orders I have for them. I expect to finish and dispatch them tomorrow.

PCBs for the dual nozzle boards are now showing as complete and ready to send to me, but they will still take me more than a week to reach me. Prototype PCBs for the delta boards are in Hong Kong waiting to be sent airmail, so I expect to receive them by the end of the week.

Another Happy Customer
April 20, 2015 01:09PM
Just finished rebuilding my Ormerod 1 with a metal X Rib and the DC42 Z probe board.

All went well and the Ormerod now performs much better, fast accurate probes and consistent bed level
makes prints more of a press the button and it happens than a bit of a black art.

Defiantly worth the price and time to install.

The fan switching and nice bright LEDS are just icing :-)

Chris
May 06, 2015 07:22PM
The first 4 of the new dual-nozzle boards are finished at last and ready to ship tomorrow. I have sent the payment requests for these boards. I intent to make another 9 or 10 in the next few days,for shipment on Monday.

The prototype mini board is also finished and working. I expect to complete another 2 tomorrow and will send the payment requests for them soon.

dc42
The first 4 of the new dual-nozzle boards are finished at last and ready to ship tomorrow. I have sent the payment requests for these boards. I intent to make another 9 or 10 in the next few days,for shipment on Monday.

The prototype mini board is also finished and working. I expect to complete another 2 tomorrow and will send the payment requests for them soon.

Excellent news Dave looking forward to trying one?

Doug

ps had a little play last night but still having a couple of issues but I will attempt another go today and see if I can get it sorted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login