Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer not really print in center. Can't fully utilized the bed.

Posted by antlvk 
Printer not really print in center. Can't fully utilized the bed.
July 30, 2014 12:34PM
from day one i have this problem. my ormerod not printing in the center. like 10mm to the left. So I can't print full bed as it will off the bed.

anyone?
Re: Printer not really print in center. Can't fully utilized the bed.
July 30, 2014 01:56PM
Two possible solutions:

1. Do you have the Z axis extrusion mounted in the position along the Y axis recommended by RRP? They changed the recommended position in the instructions not long after the Ormerod was released. The recommended position puts the print head close to one edge of the glass when Y=0 and the other edge when Y=210. Is this true on your Ormerod?

2. If you are using my firmware fork then you can use the M208 command set the minimum axis positions as well as the maximum axis positions. This may help you if the head can physically reach both edges of the bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 01:56PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 30, 2014 04:38PM
As long as the movement of the Ormerod covers the whole bed, you can just change the homing macros (homex/homey/homeall.g) to compensate. Easiest way might be to just tell it to go to whatever coordinates are over a certain position (such as the [0,200] corner) after homing, as shown in the web ui when you manually move there, and then just give a G92 command to make those the coordinates you want, to make 0-200 cover the bed.
July 30, 2014 10:47PM
jstck, just type G92 on the coordinate? only G92?
July 31, 2014 02:23AM
where can i find guides for this?
July 31, 2014 04:49AM
antlvk
where can i find guides for this?

reprap wiki
G92: Set Position
Example: G92 X10 E90

Allows programming of absolute zero point, by reseting the current position to the values specified. This would set the machine's X coordinate to 10, and the extrude coordinate to 90. No physical motion will occur.

A G92 without coordinates will reset all axes to zero.

[reprap.org]

Edit: ..and remember to define the middle of the bed iin Slic3r printer settings

Erik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2014 04:51AM by ormerod168.
July 31, 2014 08:16AM
Don't think there is any guide for this, but for looking up gcode commands in general, I go here. Anyway, something similar to this stuff:

M564 S0 ;Temporarily allow duet to think outside the box
G1 X-17 Y212 ;Go to whatever coordinates put the head over the top-left corner of the bed
G92 X0 Y200 ;Define that position to be (0,200), which is the normal boundary
M564 S1 ;Reenable range safeties

Figuring out what to put in place of X-17 Y212 would be dependent on your printer, you could find that by first doing M564 S0 in the web ui, and then step the printer around until you find that position, and use those coordinates.

Another way to accomplish the same adjustment would be to just home as normal, after which the printer would consider itself to be at (0,200), and then tell it what coordinates it is actually at. Essentially the inverse of the above, which in this case would just be a G92 X17 Y188.

You basically already have this command in your homing files (sys/home[all|x|y|z].g on the SD card). After both X and Y axis there are "G92 X0" and "G92 Y200" commands, to tell the firmware what coordinate the head is after doing the homing for that axis. You can just alter those to fit your printer. I ran dc's Z probe with a different sensor pad for the X homing, and then I just had a "G92 X-5" instead of "G92 X0" for the X homing (in both homex.g and homeall.g)

As I said earlier, this is all assuming the movement of the print head actually covers the whole bead. If it does not, you need to mechanically fix your printer, and how that is done depends on what axes are wrong and in what direction.
July 31, 2014 08:16AM
(I wonder why i keep doing this, quoting myself instead of editing)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2014 02:01AM by jstck.
July 31, 2014 10:19PM
basiucally X zero position wont be at the parking spot right?
August 01, 2014 02:34AM
antlvk
basiucally X zero position wont be at the parking spot right?

If you by "parking spot" mean the top left corner, then it actually should be. After homing, In my case, the nozzle is right over the corner of the glass (a few mm in from the edge of the aluminium heatspreader. However, I don't have the stock IR sensor (but the dc42 one), which maybe changes X homing a little bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2014 02:35AM by jstck.
August 22, 2014 02:35AM
Still very confused
August 22, 2014 08:03AM
antlvk
Still very confused

Not sure how to assist without more specifics.
August 22, 2014 09:06AM
antlvk: The conversation got hijacked into an argument about whether X0 Y0 should be in the corner or in the middle of the bed!

Simple fix; add the following line before the second 'G92 X0' in 'sys/homex.g':
G1 X15

This moves X out 15mm from where it homes, then sets this to be X0. This should put the nozzle on the edge of the bed. Adjust the X value as you need.

Also add 'G1 X15' before the second G92 X0 line in 'sys/homeall.g'. You may have to adjust the Z homing position (in homez.g and homeall.g - take 15 off the X position it moves to) and your automatic bed compensation points (in config.g), to make sure the sensor is over the targets.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
August 25, 2014 06:39AM
Ian save the day, lol

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login