Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 0.96e and web interface 1.08

Posted by chrishamm 
New firmware 0.96e and web interface 1.08
November 18, 2014 05:54PM
I'm glad to release version 0.96e of my firmware fork. This release is indended to fix a couple of bugs from my 0.96c and it brings improved Pause support to the firmware. You can now specify commands to be run when a print is either paused or resumed, which makes it quite comfortable to change the filament during a print or to insert nuts if you're printing parts with internal threads. It also brings experimental support for dc42's new LCD device. Here is the complete changelog of this release:

Added code for internal UART line to add support for external devices (thanks dc42)
Implemented M105 S2 to output JSON status message (thanks dc42)
Updated dc42's and my list of firmware changes
M0 no longer deselects the current tool when a print is cancelled
Implemented M32 (Select file and start SD print)
When a paused print is resumed, M24 (Resume print) runs "resume.g" and goes back to the position the print was originally paused at
M25 (Pause print) runs "pause.g" file and slows down the current move
Implemented isolated moves in the Move code. These will be performed if the look-ahead can't be used, e.g. because a print has been paused
Move code recalculates acceleration profile for the next DDA entry to be used when a print is resumed
Webserver only increases seq variable when it is actually accessed
Upload data is only written at block sizes of 256 bytes max (reduced from 512 bytes to decrease maximum Spin time)
M116, M109 and M190 wait for all moves to finish again (shouldn't have queued them in earlier releases)
Removed Arduino core patches for older Arduino releases, added README file and merged in dc42's changes for the UART code
Bug fix: Telnet responses report "ok" and "Error"
Bug fix: Telnet G-Code response handler only checks for a line break at the end and if no more data is expected to be written
Other minor changes

You can download the firmware binary here.

Note: This release introduces two new files: pause.g and resume.g, which should be put in your /sys directory.

If you don't know how to flash a firmware binary, please have a look at this nice article. If you're upgrading from RRP's official firmware, it makes sense to update the files in the /sys directory as well. You can find the appropriate files on my GitHub repository. Also notice the default direction of the X axis is inverted when using dc42's and my firmware fork to match the Ormerod 2 wiring. If you're setting up a new SD card or don't have a "config.g" file yet, you should copy "default.g" to "config.g" and make your changes to that new file.

I haven't changed a lot of the web interface this time, but to use my firmware fork, it's a good idea to update to my current version 1.08 - especially because the Pause/Reset button now sends "T0" after "M0" to deselect the current tool when a print is cancelled. Here the list of changes for this release:

Pause/Reset sends T0 after M0 (With my firmware M0 no longer deselects the current tool when a print is cancelled)
Settings page doesn't attempt to load the config.g file if the web interface is not online
Head controls are enabled again when the print has been paused
Feed amounts: Replaced 5mm and 20mm with 10mm and 50mm (makes more sense IMHO)
Fixed layer change detection for paused prints

Only reprap.htm and js/reprap.js have changed this time (in case you're upgrading from my web interface version 1.07).

You can download the whole web interface here (use the "Download ZIP" button and put the files in your /www directory. With dc42's and my fork, you can update your files via FTP, too.

As always I'd appreciate to see some feedback. Getting things to work well usually takes a while, so if you decide to give it a try, please let me know if everything is working well. Happy printing!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2014 08:13PM by zombiepantslol.
Re: New firmware 0.96d and web interface 1.08
November 19, 2014 08:40AM
Loaded your firmware and web interface and all appears to be working, although I haven't fully tested because of my current temperature fluctuation problem, see other thread.

Thanks for your great work, I'll test pause and resume soonest.
Paul

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: New firmware 0.96d and web interface 1.08
November 19, 2014 12:44PM
I can also confirm this built Ok for me and did a small test print.

I can also see some uses for pause/resume for some items I want to do with a colour change at a particular layer.
Re: New firmware 0.96e and web interface 1.08
November 19, 2014 08:21PM
I've just updated the firmware again, because I noticed the speed slider wasn't working. This has been fixed in my new 0.96e release. Apart from that I've implemented M26 (Set SD Position) and M400 (Wait for current moves to finish) and improved some of the Move internals.
November 20, 2014 02:42AM
Hi zpl, what exactly does M26 do, and what is it for?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 20, 2014 05:55AM
Hi dc42, M26 performs a file seek on the file being printed or on the file to print. It may be used in conjunction with M23 and M24 to start a print at a specified file position.

Out of curiosity, can you check if my firmware fork works with your LCD controller?
November 20, 2014 12:49PM
zombiepantslol
Out of curiosity, can you check if my firmware fork works with your LCD controller?

Yes, I've just tested it and it works. Thanks for including the serial port support. I may add an M105 S3 command to my firmware as well to return the machine name and other less-frequently needed variables (e.g. axis lengths) in JSON format too. I'll keep you informed.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 23, 2014 12:17PM
Just to let you know, the pause and resume are working perfectly.

Thank you for this

I'll try and test it on a 2 nozzle machine soon and let you know.

Paul

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
November 28, 2014 11:47AM
Is it possible for you to include dc42's latest change to the M305 Xx so I can test your pause and resume on a 2 nozzle machine?

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login