Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ABS Adhesion Problems (too much adhesion)

Posted by Windfurian 
ABS Adhesion Problems (too much adhesion)
December 10, 2014 06:24PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but most of my searching has resulted in questions about too little adhesion.

Currently printing ABS on my Ormerod 2, Filement temp of 230, First Layer Bed 110, and then Bed 100 after.

Bed is covered in Kapton Tape

Trying to get prints off the bed is just ridiculous, it involves removing the glass, and in most instances wedging something against the print and hammering (usually with wood or a shoe).

I have tried not cleaning the kapton and hoping some oil from my hands might ease up on things, new kapton, cleaning the bed with a bit of detergent (then wiping clean with a towel).

Any suggestions?
Re: ABS Adhesion Problems (too much adhesion)
December 10, 2014 06:30PM
Have you tried putting the bed+print in the freezer for 15 minutes?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 10, 2014 06:57PM
I get rid of kapton tape months ago. Hairspray is now my glue, I experienced hard sticking only when new and hot. After cooling down, almost everything went away applying a small force to the brim with a wood flat sharpened peg
December 11, 2014 12:41PM
Try printing directly to glass. (wash glass with hot soapy water, dry and wipe with vinegar)
After printing at a bed temp of about 90 the print is not stuck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2014 12:46PM by Jon Steward.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login