Re: PanelDue (touch-screen controller for Ormerod) availability
February 02, 2017 12:22PM
As an example you could look at the craftbot user interface, which keeps the interface really simple and easy to use, no need for classic buttons there
February 03, 2017 11:20AM
Would you be able to point me to a scripting reference used for the display driver? or if it's arduino code, to the library used (i assume u need a library)
February 03, 2017 03:52PM
PanelDue has its own ARM core processor to drive the display. It talks to the Duet over a serial port using gcodes. The source code of the firmware it runs is currently in my PanelDue github repository. It is being refactored and future versions will be stored in my PanelDueFirmware repository.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 03, 2017 04:58PM
is the serial method used the same as with usb printing? example: let's pretend pronterface is the panelDue, and the usb connection is the serial connection
Or do you use a completely different method? As maybe it would then be easier for me to understand what's exactly happening in your code
February 04, 2017 02:29AM
Yes it's the same. I added a couple of new gcodes to better provide the information that PanelDue needs. These are M408 and M36.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login