Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heat Bed Thermistor

Posted by dj_woff 
Heat Bed Thermistor
February 21, 2015 12:55PM
Hello All

Following on from my previous post....

Does anybody know the part number or specifications for the heat bed thermistor. The one on my Ormrod decided that is was going to turn itself into charcoal and needs replacing but I can't find any information about it or a replacement on RRPs website.

Many thanks

Russell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 12:56PM by dj_woff.
Re: Heat Bed Thermistor
February 21, 2015 01:46PM
oops, sorry sad smiley

Pete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 01:51PM by Peterdl.
February 21, 2015 04:32PM
If your bed thermistor really has turned itself into charcoal, then you must have accidentally wired it to 12V instead of to the correct connections on the Duet.

AFAIR the thermistor part number is documented in the firmware source, file Platform.h, but as I am away from my PC I can't look it up right now. You can find that file in the RepRapFirmware github repository.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 22, 2015 04:26AM
From the Platform.h file

Bed thermistor: [uk.farnell.com]

HTH

Doug
February 22, 2015 08:09AM
Thanks All

In response to what's happened there appears to have been a fault with my Duet board as It didn't have control over the heat bed element and when I disconnected it to prevent damage and investigate further i lost the thermistor, Arm core and PSU.

We never did find the exact fault but RRP kindly replaced the duet and PSU under warranty but I didn't push for the thermistor as it was so trivial.

Regards, and thanks again

Russell
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login