Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New PanelDue firmware 1.07

Posted by dc42 
New PanelDue firmware 1.07
March 04, 2015 12:31PM
I've just released PanelDue firmware 1.07 at [github.com]. New features in this release:

* Unicode characters 0xA0 to 0xFF are now supported. This covers accented characters in most European languages. So if you use these characters in filenames or macro names, they will display correctly on PanelDue.

* The 5 inch display (ITDB02-5.0) is now properly supported, with a larger character font and adjusted screen layout. I have included a binary for this display

* Bug fix: if you re-ran touch calibration, it didn't warn you that the settings were not saved.

This is what the Control page now looks like on the 5 inch screen and with a selection of macro files loaded.

The extra resolution on the 5 inch screen makes the characters more pleasing to look at.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Re: New PanelDue firmware 1.07
March 18, 2015 01:45PM
Dave

Having upgraded to this version noticed that the Home x/y/z buttons are back on the delta instead of only the Home All button.

Is this just an error with old code getting back into the build or is it deliberate?

Doug.

also on my delta the nozzle at the centre is approx. 4mm above bed when all tower point come out at as close to 0 as makes no odds at the moment. what would you suggest for the first change to delta radius to compensate for this?
March 18, 2015 02:11PM
dougal1957
Having upgraded to this version noticed that the Home x/y/z buttons are back on the delta instead of only the Home All button.

Is this just an error with old code getting back into the build or is it deliberate?

Which firmware are you using? I think version 1.00o works correctly, but in version 1.00p I inadvertently changed the case of a letter in a string that the firmware send to PanelDue, with the result that PanelDue doesn't recognise the machine as a delta. I have fixed this in the source code for both RepRapFirmware and PanelDue, so the problem will be resolved when I do a release of either.

dougal1957
also on my delta the nozzle at the centre is approx. 4mm above bed when all tower point come out at as close to 0 as makes no odds at the moment. what would you suggest for the first change to delta radius to compensate for this?

See step 11 in section "Calibrating the endstop positions, delta radius and homed height" of [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2015 02:15PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

March 18, 2015 03:11PM
Yep

1.00p is what is on the Duet so that is explained. yes I had read the blog but wasn't sure what to alter first cos I can't get a height reading at bed centre (Firmware won't let me go down beyond -.2 also ZPL's web interface will allow me to home but can't make moves after the first one after that but the PanelDue does allow me to jog but not past the z-0.2 (I think that's the figure been 8 hours since I last did anything with it due to going out on a High Priority fault for O2).

Doug

dc42
dougal1957

Which firmware are you using? I think version 1.00o works correctly, but in version 1.00p I inadvertently changed the case of a letter in a string that the firmware send to PanelDue, with the result that PanelDue doesn't recognise the machine as a delta. I have fixed this in the source code for both RepRapFirmware and PanelDue, so the problem will be resolved when I do a release of either.

dougal1957

See step 11 in section "Calibrating the endstop positions, delta radius and homed height" of [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].
March 18, 2015 04:07PM
dougal1957
yes I had read the blog but wasn't sure what to alter first cos I can't get a height reading at bed centre (Firmware won't let me go down beyond -.2 also ZPL's web interface will allow me to home but can't make moves after the first one after that but the PanelDue does allow me to jog but not past the z-0.2 (I think that's the figure been 8 hours since I last did anything with it due to going out on a High Priority fault for O2).

The -0.2mm limit is there to save you from trouble during normal operations. I guess you didn't notice this bit in my blog entry:

dc42's blog
If you are using a different delta printer design, you need to adjust the delta parameters. Open config.g in a text editor and look for this line:

M665 R105.6 L215.0 B85 H240

This command defines the basic parameters of your printer and switches the firmware from Cartesian to Delta mode. The R value is the delta radius, the L value is the diagonal rod length, and the B value is the printable radius of the bed. The H value is the height of the nozzle above the bed when homed. In fact, it is helpful to set H to a few mm more than the nozzle height when homed, and to take up the excess in the software endstop adjustments, as will be described below.

Setting the H parameter artificially high allows you to get round the -0.2mm limit. Alternatively, send M574 S0 to disable movement limits.

March 18, 2015 04:20PM
Thanks Dave will try that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login