Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parts Missing from Duet PCB, what gives (technical Q for Duet designer)...[resolved]

Posted by BenBB 
Parts Missing from Duet PCB, what gives (technical Q for Duet designer)...[resolved]
March 13, 2015 05:37PM
Hi All
(Seems more appropriate here than in Reprapper....)
Need some help here, I just completed my Omerod 2 kit, took a week on and off building, now at commission time the Heat Bed keeps overheating, NEVER switching off...
I downloaded the schematics and traced the PCB, I found that TR1 and TR7 are missing on my PCB, yet mounted on the pic in the assy. instructions...
AND I also found that the heat bed control to gate of FET (TR1) is always high no matter what, it is always high
If you measure on FET(TR3), which is the Head Heater Driver you see the typical PWM waveform as the head is heated and cooled
I would expect to see this on the gate of of the heatbed in order to switch it on and off..... this pin is driven from the CPU pin 135...
Even when measuring on the CPU pin I still se only a logic high,.... no pwm...
Was I sold a dud DUET... pic attached for those interested... sad smiley this is not nice after all the other assembly issues also...
I bought the kit through RS electronics, and can`t just return the PCB... I can try and fix it, but not sure of the CPU port is faulty ?
Attachments:
open | download - 2015-03-13_204636.jpg (32.7 KB)
Re: Parts Missing from Duet PCB, what gives (technical Q for Duet designer)...
March 14, 2015 02:24PM
Hi BenBB

Can you send a quick e-mail to support@reprappro.com describing the above, and we will sort things out under your warranty?

Best wishes

Adrian
Tx Issue was resolved, RS electronics swopped the duet out and now it works fine, just the frustration of why in the first place, a sealed, original out of the box PCB not having components fitted....
Ben
Re: Parts Missing from Duet PCB, what gives (technical Q for Duet designer)...[resolved]
March 15, 2015 10:13AM
Glad it got sorted. As an aside, the bed heater control is bang-bang, not PWM. (It has a large thermal mass and so does not need PWM).

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login