Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

None of the motor will move!

Posted by lehar 
None of the motor will move!
March 15, 2015 09:46AM
Hi,
None of the motor will move, but the bed and nozzel heater works ok, and the web interface is also ok.
I updated my config.g from the web interface, because I had to change one of the M557 cordinates. After that I can't home anything, or manuel move a motor.
What happend.
I run firmaware version : 1.00m dc-42 and web interface 1.02

/Per

Re: None of the motor will move!
March 15, 2015 10:16AM
Could you give more details. Are you saying that the motors worked OK before you changed the config file, or is it the case that they have never worked?

In addition, when you say you cannot manually move the motors, is that when the Ormerod is switched off, immediately after powerup or only after you have sent a command?

Dave
March 15, 2015 01:28PM
Hi Guys

Had similar issue, just to find out I had to run the HomeAll command from the webInterface first.
Not sure if this is by design, but that solved my issues

Madmob
March 15, 2015 02:35PM
If you run M503, is the config.g file echoed correctly? Perhaps it is not finding any M906 commands to process in config.g, so the motor currents are all zero.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 15, 2015 06:06PM
I run M503 at get:

M503
; Configuration file for RepRap Ormerod
; RepRapPro Ltd
;
M111 S255 ; Debug off
M550 PF3D-1 ; Machine name (can be anything you like)
M551 Preprap ; Machine password (currently not used)
M540 P0xBE:0xEF:0xDE:0xAD:0xFE:0xED ; MAC Address
M552 P10.0.0.52 ; IP address
M553 P255.255.255.0 ; Netmask
M554 P10.0.0.1 ; Gateway
M555 P2 ; Set output to look like Marlin
G21 ; Work in millimetres
G90 ; Send absolute corrdinates...
M83 ; ...but relative extruder moves
M906 X800 Y1000 Z800 E800 ; Set motor currents (mA)
M563 P1 D0 H1 ; Define tool 1
G10 P1 S0 R0 ; Set tool 1 operating and standby temperatures
M92 E416 ; Set extruder steps per mm
M558 P1 ; Use an unmodulated Z probe
G31 P500 Z2.20 ; Set the probe height and threshold
M305 P0 H18.2 L-14 ; set ADC correction
M305 P1 H18.2 L-14 ; set ADC correction
M557 P0 X60 Y20 ; Four...
M557 P1 X60 Y175 ; ...probe points...
M557 P2 X175 Y175 ; ...for bed...
M557 P3 X175 Y20 ; ...levelling
M557 P4 X100 Y100 ;
M556 S78 X0 Y0 Z0 ; Put your axis compensation here
M201 X800 Y800 Z15 E1000 ; Accelerations (mm/s^2)
M203 X15000 Y15000 Z100 E3600 ; Maximum speeds (mm/min)
M566 X600 Y600 Z30 E20 ; Minimum speeds mm/minute
M208 X214 Y210 ; set axis travel
M208 X-8 S1 ; set axis minimum

I uploaded the old config.g file again, and it's still same problem.

The printer run before I changed the config file, I also uploaded a new print file! Can this upload overwrite anything? I use the upload from the webpage, the file size is 2.4 Mbyte.
If I press the Home All or any other Home buttons, nothing happens.
I can move the x,y,z by the hand, but not manual from the web interface.

I measured the supply, and when the printer is idle, the supply is 12.5 V.

/Per

March 16, 2015 05:01PM
Hi,
Are there some who have a good suggestion, to find out whether it is a HW problem or a SW problem?
Some diagnostic commands.
Enable a debug messages or ...

/Per

March 16, 2015 06:14PM
Are you quite certain that the bed and the hot end heat up? Have you checked that the 12V input screw terminals are tight?

It might be worth trying different firmware, e.g. my 1.00o release, zombiepantlol's latest release, or RRP 0.78c - just in case there is an issue in that firmware release that I am not aware of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2015 06:19PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

March 17, 2015 02:53AM
dc42
Are you quite certain that the bed and the hot end heat up? Have you checked that the 12V input screw terminals are tight?

It might be worth trying different firmware, e.g. my 1.00o release, zombiepantlol's latest release, or RRP 0.78c - just in case there is an issue in that firmware release that I am not aware of.

I have now reinstalled 1.00m and overwrited all Web files, and files in the sys folder. (This worked for me, a week ago)

Both the bed and hot end warms up fine.
But if I press a Home button, or move the head 0.1/1/10/100 (by the buttons in the web interface) something strange happens. The WebInterface stop update, and 15 sec. after both hot end, and bed stop warm up. The red LED (bed) and the Yellow Led (Hot end) turn off. and the web interface stop responding on any commands!

/Per

March 17, 2015 05:39AM
That sounds to me that the firmware is crashing and the software watchdog is resetting the printer. Please do the following:

1. After this has happened, reconnect the web interface or Pronterface. Then run M122 and see what the last reset reason and software reset code are.

2. Try version 1.00o to see if it does the same thing.

March 17, 2015 10:18AM
It sounds like trying to move a stepper is crashing the Duet. That could be caused by a short somewhere, or maybe digital noise. It is unlikely to be caused by the 12V not being able to supply enough current to power a normal stepper load because the stepper load is small compared to the bed heater load, which you say the 12V is able to cope with. Could you try moving just one axis at a time and see whether the issue occurs after trying to move any of the 4 stepper motors, or whether only some motors generate the fault. This will help determine where the fault may be. Also if not already tried, try moving the X, Y or Z motors with both heaters turned off.

In addition, unplug the motors (always power off the Duet before plugging or unplugging a motor), and try moving an axis via the web. Obviously there will be no movement with the motors unplugged, but see whether it still crashes the Duet when you do this.

Carefully check that all your wiring is correct and you have not inadvertently connected the steppers to the wrong sets of pins (e.g. displaced by one pin etc.)

Have you tried moving a motor via the web interface with the USB completely disconnected? If not, do so in order to eliminate possible ground loops/spikes. Also ensure that your PSU is plugged into its own wall socket (as opposed to an extension lead or adapter that is shared with other devices).

Dave
March 17, 2015 04:51PM
dc42
That sounds to me that the firmware is crashing and the software watchdog is resetting the printer. Please do the following:

1. After this has happened, reconnect the web interface or Pronterface. Then run M122 and see what the last reset reason and software reset code are.

2. Try version 1.00o to see if it does the same thing.

I could not run M122, there was no response
Then I upgraded firmware to 1.00o, and restored to yours old web interface, still same problem.
Then I changed all config files to yours default, and then I could move the head.
It was config.g file, as I had restored to the one I knew had worked!!

I have attached the bad config file, maybe someone can tell me whats wrong?

/Per

Attachments:
open | download - bad_config.g (1.7 KB)
March 17, 2015 06:03PM
The command M111 255 at the start of that config.g will turn debugging on for all modules, not off. This may well cause problems if you do not have the USB port connected and Pronterface or something else connected and reading from it. This is because some debug messages are sent to the USB port using blocking I/O to prevent them from being truncated or lost. Non-debug messages are always sent using non-blocking output and discarded if necessary, so that having the USB port disconnected will not cause a problem. To turn debugging off, use M111 S0.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2015 06:06PM by dc42.

March 18, 2015 06:40AM
Ignore all this information about firmware. It's either a wiring problem, or a fault with the Duet. To test:

1. Make sure, when you plug and unplug wiring loom into the Duet, THE POWER IS OFF! Or you'll damage the stepper driver chip on the Duet.
2. Disconnect all motor wiring looms from the Duet. Compare all the motor wires, and check that wiring colour order is the same on each of them. On the Duet end, the order should be yellow, green, blue, red. On the motor end it should be yellow, red, green, blue
3. Reconnect one motor, and one checked wiring loom, and plug it into one axis on the Duet. Check you are plugging it in on the correct pins. Test to see if that axis works, on it's own. If it doesn't, try a different axis.
4. If all the axes don't work, there must be a short on the Duet board. Post a good picture of the Duet board, preferably with close-ups of the area around the stepper driver chips.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login