Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New PanelDue firmware 1.09

Posted by dc42 
New PanelDue firmware 1.09
March 24, 2015 08:54AM
I've just released version 1.08 1.09 of PanelDue firmware at [github.com]. The primary purpose of this release is to handle the change of tool numbers from T1/T2 to T0/T1. However, I have also made a couple of improvements for users of the 5 inch display, in particular I have increased the spacing between the macro buttons.

Please upgrade to version 1.09 when (and not before) you are ready to change your tool numbering to T0/T1 (the new RepRapPro standard). The recommended compatible Duet firmware is 1.04b-dc42, however any firmware version that works with 1.07 should also work with 1.09.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2015 05:14AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New PanelDue firmware 1.08
March 25, 2015 04:55AM
$ grep -i version src/Configuration.hpp
#define VERSION_TEXT		"1.09"

I got a bit confused by the version being shown as 1.09, but I expect it's easily fixed for next release by just leaving it as it is. winking smiley
Re: New PanelDue firmware 1.09
March 25, 2015 05:17AM
Looks like I updated the version number twice by mistake. I've renamed the binaries to 1.09 and also changed the title of this thread.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

March 27, 2015 02:45PM
Hi DC.

I've been using your paneldue (bought through T3dP3D) for a month or so now. With the later firmwares this is really useful giving me easy access to everything I need.

Just 1 small niggle I have, which is no fault of yours, is that the touchscreen sensitivity is a bit hit and miss, it has gotten better with your firmware updates, but now with the addition of Macros, it's causing me some issues.

I've managed to hit both load and unload a few times when trying to do something else. Is it possible to add a confirmation pop up for the macros to avoid this please, or maybe an arm button or similar, so you need to press 2 separate buttons?

Thanks DC.
March 27, 2015 03:30PM
I agree, the macro buttons are spaced a little too closely for comfort. On the 5 inch screen I was able to increase the spacing in 1.09, but there isn't room to do that on the 4.3 inch screen.

I intend to implement macro subdirectories in the next release. This will mean that a macro button on the Control tab can be the name of a subdirectory, and touching it will pop up a list of macros in that subdirectory. When I implement this, I will also reduce the number of rows of macro commands from 3 to 2 on the 4.3 inch screen. That will allow me to increase the spacing. How does that sound?

March 27, 2015 09:03PM
Hi DC.

This sounds perfect. Even if the extra spacing doesn't totally fix the issue, I could assign a sub directory to those sensitive commands and only have 1 command in that sub directory. As long as the cancel button is spaced well away from the 1st command in the subdirectory menu, it would work a treat.

Thanks DC.
April 10, 2015 05:15AM
Hi,

i updated to the new Paneldue Firmware.

No the display doesnt show the Quick commands.

My idea is to add my normally used commands to it......
April 10, 2015 06:14AM
muggi
Hi,

i updated to the new Paneldue Firmware.

No the display doesnt show the Quick commands.

My idea is to add my normally used commands to it......

Instead of the fixed quick commands, PanelDue now shows up to 9 macros. For each quick command you want, put it in a file. The name of the file should be whatever you want to appear on the PanelDue. Then put those files in the /macros folder of the SD card. See [github.com] for some example macro files.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login