Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 1.04c-dc42

Posted by dc42 
New firmware 1.04c-dc42
April 02, 2015 03:58PM
I've just released firmware 1.04c-dc42 at [github.com]. Changes in this release:

Implemented rr_config web request for version 1.05 of DuetWebControl
Implemented 7-factor auto calibration for delta printers
Fix bug with fileinfo calls corrupting memory
M563 can now be used to delete tools (thanks rrp/zpl)
When activating or changing tools, the tool change macro files are only run if the printer has been fully homed. This is so that on a 2-nozzle machine, you can put a T0 command at the end of config.g without the head trying to move beyond the end of the axes.

Usual reminders:

1. If you have an Ormerod 1 are switching from a different firmware fork or a pre-1.00 version of my fork, you need to add M574 X0 Y2 Z0 P1 to your config.g file to tell the firmware that the Y endstop is at the high end.

2. To use simultaneous X and Y homing, but you will have to base your homeall.g file on the one I provide in order to use it.

Apart from the above, you do not have to change your config.g or homing files to use my fork. The recommended web interface is zpl's DuetWebControl 1.04 or 1.05.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 04:06PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New firmware 1.04c-dc42
April 02, 2015 04:39PM
Dave

Do I need to set anything up to make use of the 7 factor Calibration functions?

I have the Sensor board mounted now and reckon there is an offset from the centre of the Nozzle of -33mm in the Y and -19 in X how do I deal with this?

Do I need to set up a file with 7 probe points in it allowing for this offset?

Doug
April 02, 2015 07:01PM
Doug, I'm about to start a thread in the Delta section of the forum about this facility.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 03, 2015 03:32AM
dc42
Doug, I'm about to start a thread in the Delta section of the forum about this facility.

Thanks Dave have read that and will set something up later and implement it on my Delta.

Have got the heated bed working (New SSR) however it takes around 3 mins to get to 115 degrees but it seems to take quite a while for the top surface to actually get there as well possibly due to using a mirror as the build surface.

Think I may have to feed a glass cutter that can do a round piece at 400 mm dia. or find a way to wait a while after bed temp is reached before printing. Must get a meter with a thermocouple to check actual temps?

Does the IR sensor work over a mirror?

This now being discussed in the Delta section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2015 05:57AM by dougal1957.
April 04, 2015 07:46AM
Hi DC42,

I am now up and running with your 1.04c firmware and the iamburney web control, i will change over to zpls web interface shortly.

I have two small issues, I have calibrated the probe which works fine if I use Home Z but if I use Home All it leaves the probe too high above the bed, clearly I need to make an alteration to the Home All file, any ideas.

The other issue relates to T0 T1, I have not changed this setting in your config file but if I try to set the tool temperature I get:

Attempt to set/report offsets and temperatures for non-existent tool: 1

Brian
April 04, 2015 09:20AM
Hi Brian,

If you are using my homeall.g file, then it deliberately leaves the probe at the Z probe trigger height. This is in part so you can check the height setting by putting a piece of paper under the head and doing G1 Z0. Also because there is no point in putting the head at Z=0 at the end of homing, because you will need to raise it before you do anything else anyway. But if you want to put it at Z = 0, all you need to do it add the line G1 Z0 to the end of homeall.g.

The issue with setting temperatures is because the iamburney web control expects the hot end to be called T1 instead of T0. I haven't corrected this in the version of iamburney's web interface in my repo because everyone is switching to zpl's DuetWebControl. So I suggest you use DuetWebControl instead.

April 04, 2015 01:52PM
Hey dc i have just upgraded to your firmware 1.04c and i cant seem to get the speeds correct for g1 commands correct (example G1 X60 Y4) ,it moves really slow like 1mm/s or slower. also when i home my Z axis if it is on other side of the bed or at start of printing after bed temp reaches 65. even printing seems a lot slower then when i had repraps firmware 0.78c
April 04, 2015 02:07PM
Darathy
Hey dc i have just upgraded to your firmware 1.04c and i cant seem to get the speeds correct for g1 commands correct (example G1 X60 Y4) ,it moves really slow like 1mm/s or slower. also when i home my Z axis if it is on other side of the bed or at start of printing after bed temp reaches 65. even printing seems a lot slower then when i had repraps firmware 0.78c

Hi Darathy, thanks for trying my fork.

The explanation is that the standard RRP version has minimum speeds, which are quite high (15mm/sec for X and Y AFAIR) - in fact, too high for printing small perimeters. My fork as no minimum speeds. When you commanded G1 X60 Y4, you didn't specify a feed rate, so it used the last one that was specified. The previous operation you did was probably a Z move, and since Z speeds are low, you got a low speed.

For the same reason, the RRP release doesn't honour the printing speeds that slic3r puts in the gcode files, so it prints faster than it is supposed to on the first layer. This caused me some real problems with first layer adhesion to the bed. My fork is printing at the correct speed. If you think it's too slow, you can either increase the speed settings in slic3r, or use the slider control on the web interface to increase the speed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2015 02:10PM by dc42.

April 04, 2015 02:49PM
Ah thank you ,that explains a lot ,i do notice a lot better quality then before ,very awsome work DC!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2015 05:18PM by Darathy.
April 04, 2015 04:39PM
Thanks! At least one other person has commented on the better print quality using my fork. I presume it is due to the more precise movement code, which fixes two issues I identified in the original, as well as abolishing the minimum speed.

April 06, 2015 10:03AM
Hi Dave
When is the next release due, It is a real pain trying to juggle the SD card files so that they list correctly, I have to always load a dummy file so that my last file is visible...
Please fix this issue....
Tx Ben
April 06, 2015 02:08PM
Hi Ben, I still have some more testing to do before I do a release, but you can pick up the 1.04d binary here [dl.dropboxusercontent.com] if you like.

April 07, 2015 11:15AM
Hi All, Installed the 1.04c Firmware and the 1.05 web interface. In all it appears to be working. I do have a Strange problem though and am not sure where to look. The G32 command goes to my 4 points and Pushes the z Height down till it reaches the Threshold i set in my 'G31 P500 Z1.55' command, but it dos not slow down and go till the LED Is lit on the Sensor board. I am running one of DC42 Sensor boards for Single Ext-ruder. Any suggestions?
April 07, 2015 05:30PM
That does sound strange. Can you do a manual test of the Z probe, to make sure that you get a reading close to 0 with the sensor far ftom the bed, about 465 just above the trigger height, and about 535 when you reach trigger height and the red LED comes on?

April 08, 2015 07:49AM
gdwinslow
Hi All, Installed the 1.04c Firmware and the 1.05 web interface. In all it appears to be working. I do have a Strange problem though and am not sure where to look. The G32 command goes to my 4 points and Pushes the z Height down till it reaches the Threshold i set in my 'G31 P500 Z1.55' command, but it dos not slow down and go till the LED Is lit on the Sensor board. I am running one of DC42 Sensor boards for Single Ext-ruder. Any suggestions?

Have you set the correct sensor type in your config.g file? There are 3 possible types AFAIK, the original unmodulated sensor, the modulated sensor and DC42's differential sensor. I don't think the first two have a two-stage homing speed, but just look for a threshold value. I am not at my printer and cannot recall the correct command to use to select the sensor type.

Dave
April 08, 2015 08:00AM
dmould
Have you set the correct sensor type in your config.g file? There are 3 possible types AFAIK, the original unmodulated sensor, the modulated sensor and DC42's differential sensor. I don't think the first two have a two-stage homing speed, but just look for a threshold value. I am not at my printer and cannot recall the correct command to use to select the sensor type.

AFAIK both dc42's and my firmware fork slow down the Z movement as it approaches the target Z value (IIRC when the firmware measures ~90% of the threshold value). The code you were looking for is M558, which accepts at least three different probe types:
- P0: No probe type, i.e. an endstop switch
- P1: Unmodulated IR probe such as dc42's excellent IR sensor board
- P2: Modulated IR sensor such as the default Ormerod probe
- P3 is only supported by dc42's and my firmware fork and can be specified if dc42's ultrasonic board is used
April 08, 2015 09:44AM
zombiepantslol
dmould

AFAIK both dc42's and my firmware fork slow down the Z movement as it approaches the target Z value (IIRC when the firmware measures ~90% of the threshold value). The code you were looking for is M558, which accepts at least three different probe types:
- P0: No probe type, i.e. an endstop switch
- P1: Unmodulated IR probe such as dc42's excellent IR sensor board
- P2: Modulated IR sensor such as the default Ormerod probe
- P3 is only supported by dc42's and my firmware fork and can be specified if dc42's ultrasonic board is used

btw my fork also supports P4, which is a microswitch-type Z probe (e.g. as found on the Mini Kossel) connected to the E0 endstop pins.

April 08, 2015 03:44PM
This is the Config i am using, Although it worked on previous FW
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2.6 KB)
April 09, 2015 04:34PM
Hello zpl,

May I ask you about your excellent web interface?

I did try it with DC42s 1.04c firmware and your web interface version 1.05.

I found it to be an excellent interface with lots of features but the one problem I experienced was uploading files to the SD card, it just would not work, in the end I reluctantly returned to Ianburnys web interface.

Will you be bringing out an update to fix the problem?

Many thanks,

Brian
April 09, 2015 04:51PM
Europa
Hello zpl,

May I ask you about your excellent web interface?

I did try it with DC42s 1.04c firmware and your web interface version 1.05.

I found it to be an excellent interface with lots of features but the one problem I experienced was uploading files to the SD card, it just would not work, in the end I reluctantly returned to Ianburnys web interface.

Will you be bringing out an update to fix the problem?

Many thanks,

Brian

Gcode files? they work normaly for me ,or do you mean the sys and other files?
April 09, 2015 05:27PM
I had a problem with uploading a gcode file today. I clicked on the Upload File(s) button, selected the file, clicked OK - and nothing hapened, the popup window showing the file uploading did not appear. Repeated the process, and the same thing happened. Then I reloaded the web interface, and after that it was back to normal.

April 09, 2015 11:44PM
To Your Question about the Z prob readings. it reaches the threshold at 1.90mm and triggers the LED at 1.50mm
April 10, 2015 03:51AM
Please check that you are using the sensor in mode 1 all the time. You should have M558 P1 in config.g, and you should comment out any M558 P2 commands that are in the homing files. Also check that your G31 P500 Z1.55 command in config.g is after the M558 P1 command, not before it.

April 10, 2015 07:07AM
Brian, what browser are you using? I tested the web interface with Chrome, Firefox and IE10 and all of them worked without problems. I haven't yet tested it with Safari, though. Remember you can use FTP as well (e.g. by using FileZilla) to upload files if it doesn't work for you (choose any username you like, e.g. admin or root, and specify the password from your config.g file).

dc42, did this problem occur when you tried to upload the same file(s) at least twice? If so, I'll look into it. I had a similar issue a while ago, but I actually thought this would be fixed.. Are you still using Chrome?
April 10, 2015 09:12AM
zombiepantslol
dc42, did this problem occur when you tried to upload the same file(s) at least twice? If so, I'll look into it. I had a similar issue a while ago, but I actually thought this would be fixed.. Are you still using Chrome?

Yes, and yes.

April 10, 2015 09:35AM
Thanks dc42, I just tried to reproduce this on my printer, but it didn't happen to me with Chrome or Firefox on Windows and Linux. Can you please check if this line is present in your interface.js code (in function finishUpload near the end of that file):

$("#input_file_upload").val("");

If it isn't, please update your interface.js file from my GitHub repo and let me know if it fixes this problem. I need to be able to reproduce this issue on my machine, otherwise I can't help. Alternatively, run

$("#input_file_upload").val()

in the JS developer console after an upload has finished to ensure its value is cleared properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 09:37AM by zombiepantslol.
April 10, 2015 12:15PM
Yes, that line is present.

April 11, 2015 04:57AM
Hi zpl,
I was using Safari as I have an iMac, I can try Chrome if you think it works ok with Chrome, I just prefer Safari.

Brian
April 11, 2015 03:23PM
In regards to the Z dos not slow down and go till the LED Is lit with FW upgrade

Ok, Figured it out. Must be a Change in the FW i missed in the notes. If i comment out the old homing speed command:

;M210 X1200 Y1200 Z200 Set Homing Speed

In my Config.g file, all is well agean.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login