Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WEB Interface Hot end not responding to input

Posted by BenBB 
WEB Interface Hot end not responding to input
April 15, 2015 02:48PM
Hi Dave
I`m not sure why, this is my first attempt at the WEB interface, I use the DC42-V1.04e
The printer responds to all the inputs from the WEB except the Head1 control, it shows active, I type in a value 195 then it pops back to 0 the bed gets hot at the sets temp but not the head
I then loaded a file and suddenly it responded... why is that ? I would like to "pre-heat" the head and then load the file, I also issued a T0 command but still it stays at 0 ? What am I missing here ?
Tx Ben
Re: WEB Interface Hot end not responding to input
April 15, 2015 03:49PM
Ben, which web interface are you using (i.e. my fork of Matt's OrmerodWebControl, or zpl's DuetWebControl), and which version? Also, is your [first] hot end T0 or T1?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 16, 2015 03:50AM
If you're using my web interface, I suggest to check the content of your tpost*.g macros. M116 should be called with P0 or P1, otherwise a tool change locks up the web interface as long as the heated bed isn't at its target temperature.
April 16, 2015 02:18PM
Hi there
I did the following:
I downloaded the whole GIT from DC42`s GIT, then I copied all the files under www to the SD card

Tx Ben
April 16, 2015 02:27PM
I found the Message Log

No matter what I set, M116 P0/ P1 or T0 or T1
M563 P0 D0 H0
Says tool number aready in use ???
20:05:01 Attempt to set/report offsets and temperatures for non-existent tool: 1
20:04:47 Error: Add tool: tool number already in use.

20:00:01 Attempt to set/report offsets and temperatures for non-existent tool: 1
19:59:56 Attempt to set/report offsets and temperatures for non-existent tool: 1
19:59:23 Attempt to set/report offsets and temperatures for non-existent tool: 1
19:59:21 Attempt to set/report offsets and temperatures for non-existent tool: 1
19:59:15 Attempt to set/report offsets and temperatures for non-existent tool: 1
19:57:58 Attempt to set/report offsets and temperatures for non-existent tool: 1
19:54:02 T:23.2 B:22.1
19:54:01 M115
FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:1.04e-dc42 ELECTRONICSgrinning smileyuet (+ Extension) DATE:2015-04-09
Tx Ben
April 16, 2015 02:56PM
Hi Ben, looks like you have reconfigured your config.g file to call the print head T0, however you are using a version of the web interface that calls it T1. It's probably my fault for not updating the web interface in SD-Image. Please install either my latest version (1.06) of Matt's web interface from [github.com], or DuetWebControl from [github.com] in /www on the SD card.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

May 13, 2015 09:33PM
Hello,

I had what I think was a similar problem but managed to figure it out.

I'm running 1.04e firmware and SD card loaded with the included files and found with the tool definition in the config file built for the Mini Kossel there's a mixup that occurs in the web interface control of the head heaters. With the original tool definition "M563 P1 D0 H1" I would have to turn on Head 2's heater to get Head 1's heater to work (I've only got one head in my Mini Kossel). When I corrected the tool definition to be "M563 P0 D0 H1" and the following G10 command to P0 S0 R0 everything works as it should.

Seeing David's comment above about using the updated web interface may clear all this up anyway.

Is there a document that describes what g-code I/O corresponds to the web interface I/O? For example, it appears "Tool 0" in g-code land corresponds to "Head 1" in Duet web interface land based on what I just learned, and "H1" corresponds to Head 1's heater control system. And I'm going to upgrade to 1.04f, so is there a reference doc for that version if there have been changes?

Thanks!

Blake
May 14, 2015 04:01AM
In my 1.05 fork of Matt's web interface, Head 1 is Tool 1. In version 1.06, Head 1 is Tool 0. But the interface I recommend is zpl's DuetWebControl, which detects the numbering automatically.

You can find the differences between 1.04f and 1.04e in the github commit comments, and also here [forums.reprap.org].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login