New firmware 1.08e and Duet Web Control 1.06

Posted by chrishamm 
Re: New firmware 1.08e and Duet Web Control 1.06
May 02, 2015 07:08AM
Hi!

I flashed dc42 new firmware 1.04f version
and new duet web control.
and I have problems uploading files.
either i get Ajax error or upload stops at 100% and the window can not be closed.-see attached file
Once i manage to upload a file, everything works fine.
what do you think could be the problem?
Attachments:
open | download - problem.png (67.7 KB)
May 02, 2015 07:24AM
Could you open the JS developer console and check if you get any error messages? If you do, please post a screenshot or the error message here. For the moment I suggest switching either to Firefox or Chrome (assuming you're still using Safari), I can confirm file uploads work well with these two browsers (and they work well even when using IE10).

If neither helps, please download Wireshark, make a dump while you're uploading a file and provide a link to the resulting file. I'll look through it then.
May 02, 2015 08:04AM
I use Chrome.
I'm not shure what to look for in JS console.
Attachments:
open | download - p4.png (109.9 KB)
May 02, 2015 09:42AM
Thanks for that screenshot, it says you've encountered a JS error. Please click on the error link as highlighted in the attached screenshot, take another one and share it - I'll check what causes your problem then.
Attachments:
open | download - p4.png (148 KB)
May 02, 2015 11:10AM
I allready closed the tab, before your post.
i had no problems with upload now.
i waill post a printscreen when i get another error

Thank's
May 03, 2015 12:37PM
I have just flashed firmware RepRapFirmware-1.04f-dc42.bin (previously been running RepRapFirmware-078t-dc42.bin on my old ormerod (1) without issues)

I have also put the ZPL web interface on the SD card.

When i connect to the webserver and try to home all axis the Y axis runs into the microswitch and gets stuck. It seems that the bed moves in the wrong direction even when commanding it to move from the web interface.

There must be a easy solution that i am overlooking?
May 03, 2015 12:44PM
PaulHam
I have just flashed firmware RepRapFirmware-1.04f-dc42.bin (previously been running RepRapFirmware-078t-dc42.bin on my old ormerod (1) without issues)

I have also put the ZPL web interface on the SD card.

When i connect to the webserver and try to home all axis the Y axis runs into the microswitch and gets stuck. It seems that the bed moves in the wrong direction even when commanding it to move from the web interface.

There must be a easy solution that i am overlooking?

Yep - dc42's firmware fork requires an extra M574 code to set up the endstop configuration. See [forums.reprap.org]
May 03, 2015 12:46PM
Thank you for your reply.

Should i use your sys files, DC42's or my old ones?
May 03, 2015 12:51PM
If you choose dc42's firmware fork, it's a good idea to replace the homing files with his ones (they allow simultaneous X+Y homing and don't contain any G92 codes that could mess with axis minima). You can keep your current config file though, just add the M574 code as seen in his firmware thread. I'm not aware of any other changes you need to perform if you upgrade to 1.04f-dc42.
May 04, 2015 07:33AM
zombiepantslol
If you choose dc42's firmware fork, it's a good idea to replace the homing files with his ones (they allow simultaneous X+Y homing and don't contain any G92 codes that could mess with axis minima). You can keep your current config file though, just add the M574 code as seen in his firmware thread. I'm not aware of any other changes you need to perform if you upgrade to 1.04f-dc42.

That's good advice. However, if you just want to try out my firmware, you can keep your existing homing files initially if you like. The important thing is to add the M574 command to config.g if your machine is an Ormerod 1.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 10, 2015 02:31PM
Hi!

I didn't do a lot of printing last week so i couldn't take screenshot of js report.
I could upload files yesterday normaly, but today I have problems.
I get error_connection resset.-see attached file
I also have problems connecting to the web interface.
I allready changed the cable to the router, but same problem.
I will go and buy a new one tommorow, bouth that i have are old and maybe damaged

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2015 02:36PM by Mercnik.
Attachments:
open | download - p11.png (102.1 KB)
May 10, 2015 02:49PM
Mercnik, if you're using Windows, you could also try to reset the TCP/IP stack. Occasionally some updates tend to mess it up, but I've heard of a few people who were able to resolve similar issues in this way.
May 11, 2015 02:39AM
Hello
I bought a Duet when I try RepRapFirmware-1.04f-dc42.bin on pronterface it is show
Extruding 5.000000mm of filament.
Attempting to extrude with no tool selected.
Setting hotend temperature to 185.000000 degrees Celsius.
Setting temperature: no tool selected.
But when I try RepRapFirmware-0.78z-dc42.bin on my old ormerod (1) it is work
Can you tell me why and how to fix
May 11, 2015 03:03AM
As the firmware says you haven't selected a tool. Assuming you haven't further updated your M563 code yet, you need to send T1 before you can set the hotend temperature (unless you explicitly specify the tool number) and drive any extruder motors.
May 11, 2015 04:35AM
As zpl says, you need to select a tool before extruding. I try to keep the behaviour of my firmware in line with the RepRapPro official release, which is why the default state after power up is that no tool is selected. The usual way to select a tool manually is to click on the tool in the web interface. If you are using Pronterface, then send either T0 or T1, depending on whether you have configured your hot end as tool 0 or 1 in the M563 command in config.g. Also, it helps to have T0 or T1 as appropriate in your slic3r start gcode, so that the tool will be selected before you start printing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

May 12, 2015 03:51AM
Thanks ! It is work
May 20, 2015 01:43PM
Has anyone tried accessing Duet Web Control 1.06 from an Android smartphone/tablet? I tried a Samsung Galaxy note, a galaxy tablet and an ancient Archos tablet. So cool to be able to do this but all three showed exactly the same problem rendering the Head Movement controls:

I know the browsers in these things are pretty basic but so much renders correctly I was just curious to know if it was perhaps an easy fix.

RS Components Reprap Ormerod No. 481
May 21, 2015 07:10AM
I tried it with Google Chrome and no problems via Smartphone.
May 21, 2015 07:33AM
It works OK in Chrome on my Galaxy S4.

May 21, 2015 08:11AM
The problem isn't when using Chrome but the stock browser that came with the devices I have. I don't know if Chrome is the standard browser these days, but it won't install on my tablet and my Galaxy Note hasn't got enough memory for it. Ah well.

May 21, 2015 11:36AM
Google stopped supporting and updating the android web browser last January, and basically told everyone to switch over to chrome. Sadly many older devices (pre 4.0 I think) can't install chrome, so you're just kinda outta luck. And there are now potential security issues with android web, so you should probably find a different browser from the store to use if you can't switch to chrome.

This was done because all android web updates had to be sent through device manufacturers (which never happened for older devices), Whereas chome updates go through the google play store directly to end users.

I've used the interface on a couple of android devices running chrome and it works fine, maybe a different one would work as well.... haven't tried.
May 21, 2015 12:08PM
Amazing isn't it shadow651. Tech stuff becomes a "Legacy item" while you're unboxing it these days winking smiley

May 21, 2015 12:39PM
I did not try Dolphin browser yet. This should install also on older Android devices.
May 21, 2015 01:44PM
Radian
..... Note hasn't got enough memory for it.
I fixed just that problem by removing some 500 megs of logs from a notes /data/log directory.
Sadly this requires rooting the device. Som links that may help
Rootin an original note: [www.theandroidcop.com]
Deleting logs second answer here:[stackoverflow.com]
hth
May 21, 2015 01:57PM
auser
Radian
..... Note hasn't got enough memory for it.
I fixed just that problem by removing some 500 megs of logs from a notes /data/log directory.
Sadly this requires rooting the device. Som links that may help
Rootin an original note: [www.theandroidcop.com]
Deleting logs second answer here:[stackoverflow.com]
hth

Brilliant - thanks! Second answer contained this method to free up some memory which made enough room for Chrome (freed almost 70 Megs):

Open the phone app and switch to keypad.
Dial *#9900#
On the screen that appears, click on the button labelled "Delete dumpstate/logcat".

May 21, 2015 02:06PM
Radian
Amazing isn't it shadow651. Tech stuff becomes a "Legacy item" while you're unboxing it these days winking smiley

Ugg I know the feeling!

On the one hand I get why google did it, because the devices basically weren't getting the updates in a timely fashion or at all. Even if the device manufacturers went along with it, every cell provider then had to make a separate agreement for every device with the manufacturer. So updates just didn't happen.

But at the same time it throws a large percentage of users (~40% if I recall) under the bus.
It all comes down to the bad decision in the early days of android to have critical updates for a web browsing app go through such red tape.... Anything that surfs the web will need frequent critical updates for new day 0 vulnerabilities.

I think the new generation of devices LG G4, Samsungs Galaxy S6 are shipping with chrome out of the box and not including android web anymore.....

At least in the open source world, issues like this are less common!
May 22, 2015 04:06PM
Radian
Has anyone tried accessing Duet Web Control 1.06 from an Android smartphone/tablet? I tried a Samsung Galaxy note, a galaxy tablet and an ancient Archos tablet. So cool to be able to do this but all three showed exactly the same problem rendering the Head Movement controls:

[attachment 54969 DWC_Android.png]

I know the browsers in these things are pretty basic but so much renders correctly I was just curious to know if it was perhaps an easy fix.

Inspired by DC42's PanelDue, I've built a touch screen for my Ormerod with a Raspberry Pi, and a SainSmart 7" touch screen, running Raspbian. (The Pi allows me lots of useful things, like being to access my printer as a Wi-Fi hotspot, and also being able to share the Ormerod's SD card as a network shared drive, but I digress smiling smiley )

In any event, I can confirm I found the same problem with Chromium on Raspian, as well as Minimum Kiosk Browser stable, but working in Minimum Kiosk Browser GTK 3 version, as well as Ice-Weasel (Raspbian version of Firefox).

I suspect the issue is todo with Bootstrap not scaling something correctly, but I got bored trying to debug it, and just switched to using Minimum Kiosk Browser GTK 3 version, since it's the fastest browser I've found for this on Raspbian anyway.
May 23, 2015 11:21AM
Are there any known issues with running this webserver with Google Chrome? Today i am having issues of the webserver not loading, all i get is a white page. If i try to open using safari it opens straight away.
May 23, 2015 12:17PM
PaulHam
Are there any known issues with running this webserver with Google Chrome? Today i am having issues of the webserver not loading, all i get is a white page. If i try to open using safari it opens straight away.

So I am not alone...
May 23, 2015 02:46PM
Chrome occasionally gives me a white page, whatever the page address I have typed in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login